TURN ON CNN: PLANE HIT WORLD TRADE CTR BLDG!!!

by MadApostate 181 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

SF JIM,

Thanks for bringing this back up...man...emotional...

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

*********We Will Always Remember **************

• Joker10
    Joker10

Why were people be posting here instead of being stuck in their seats watching TV on September of '01?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

It's shocking to re-read this. What a sad day.

ash

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

*********We Will Always Remember ************** I know I never will, but sadly, I fear, some have already.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Liza,

I was at work...I couldn't get to a TV...man...I was fuming...

• Special K
    Special K

Good morning everyone.

Pictures say more than words sometimes. Thanks to the poster who posted the pictures to this site on Page 5, I believe. Most of the other site don't have the pictures and story there anymore.

Today, is always a day of remembrance for me.

It was just horrible that fateful day of Sept 11, 2001.

I will always remember watching the two towers collapse on T.V. .. and feeling a sense of emptiness and just complete loss. It was like hearing thousands of voices screaming out for help and then silence.

I remember driving immediately to school to get my children and bringing them home.

I remember two days of trying to get through to relatives in the U.S. and not knowing if they may have been on one of those planes.

I remember for some days, there being eerie kind of silence in the skies. All flights grounded.

There are alot of new ones on the forum these days. .. Do you remember?

with head bowed in deep thought this morning

Special K

• micheal
    micheal

We will always remember.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I think we will forever remember where we were and what we were doing that fateful day.

We will remember them.

Ozzie

• bisous
    bisous

Having just returned from NYC/Wall Street ... I was awake prior to the attack with CNN on ... preparing coffee. As the emergency coordinator for a major brokerage firm's international division, the ensuing week was like a dream.... offices out of contact, colleagues missing, hourly conference calls coordinating from west coast to east coast, employees stranded across the nation..... hours of crying, hours of numbness, hours of automaton-like completion of tasks....grim realization that some missing colleagues were murdered colleagues.

Also poignant recollection of the following year or so biographies highlighted in the New York Times, daily write-ups of the murdered individuals, endlessly portrayed for what seemed an eternity until finally the last victim was memorialized in what was IMO the best of all the ways proffered.

Does anyone truly believe that, three years later, we have made our world a safer place by the actions we have taken to-date? that we have conquered to ANY degree the contributing factors that led us to such a heightened pitch of fanaticism? Yes we may have eliminated some of the perpetrators, punished some of the involved, wreaked some forms of vengeance ..... but have the root causes been addressed? will our children or our children's children be any safer or live in a more harmonious world as a result of learnings from this tragedy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit