"Theocratic Warfare" - An Apostate Strategy?

by slimboyfat 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

cathy....Is it possible if you could please scan it and post it online? (Or email it to me) The NYDN archive only goes back to 1997 and Lexis Nexis does not have this paper.

• VM44
    VM44

I would like to get a copy of it as well. --VM44

• Free
    Free

THIS GUY IS DEFINITELY ON THE GOV. BODY AND PAYS HIS INTERNET ACCESS WITH CONTRIBUTIONS FROM THE BLIND SHEEP. SAY HELLO TO YOUR ROOMMATE JISSIOM.

• cathyk
    cathyk
    cathy....Is it possible if you could please scan it and post it online? (Or email it to me) The NYDN archive only goes back to 1997 and Lexis Nexis does not have this paper

Sure; I'll try to have it up ASAP.

The reporter went on a Bethel tour and asked questions of the Bethelites she came across.

I had a similar experience in the early 1980s, when I took a tour of the factories. I was lucky in that I was the only person there asking for a tour, and it was pretty obvious that I wasn't a JW. They scared up a nice girl named Wendy to take me around, since the regular tour guides weren't available.

It was great! Since she wasn't usually a tour guide and didn't have the spiel memorized, she let the factory workers give me the tour by answering questions about their work. I talked to a typesetter (He was typesetting the "Bible Stories" book in Greek -- he told me not to tell anyone, since it was supposed to be announced later on! He was gorgeous, too ... sigh), an ink and paint maker, a cabinet maker, and various other folks. Wendy was simply lovely. She was working in the then-new computer section. I often wonder where she is now.

Cathy

• cathyk
    cathyk

Okay. I've got a zipped file with jpgs of the pages. It was a large-format magazine, so I had to do the pages in pieces. I stitched page 1 together, but had problems doing it with the other two and wound up with a fuzzy mess. You'll just have to read pages 2 & 3 in halves. :-)

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

A very recent (yesterday) example of "theocratic strategy" imo:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/115824/2030343/post.ashx#2030343

I have no other explanation for the statement about "JWs not being the sole spokesman organization for God" by the official WT representative.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Two points:

1. We were not there and do not know wording of conversation.

2. A lie, or even a series of lies, does not a doctrinal position make.

For what apostates have claimed about "Theocratic War Strategy" to be true it should be shown, not only that a Watchtower official has lied over any particular issue, but that such action is a result of 'policy' or 'doctrine' and not simply a personal misdemeanor.

Slim

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah I'd heard the expression, it's even in one of the kingdom melodies. If I hadn't tossed that book I'd be able to look it up for you.

Uh-oh, I just gave you an idea, and it jumped right out of your head again like I didn't say anything at all!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sure it is used in the song "Loyal Submission, in recognition, this to our God we owe..."

But it patenetly is not used with the sense apostates attribute to it. In WT literature it is used:

1. Of Witnesses in regimes like the GDR where Witnesses lied to the authorities to protect brothers.

2. Of a general spiritual warfare against the spirit of the system of things, culminating in the spiritual battle Jesus will wage at the end of the system.

It is never used in the sense: "it is okay to lie to non-Witnesses to protect the interests of the Society". That is an apostate fabrication.

So of course Jehovah's Witnesses sometimes use the phrase (though it is a bit out of date now) but never with the sense that apostates attribute to it.

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The irony that I have been pointing out is that, for a supposed Jehovah's Witness "doctrine", "Theorctatic Warfare" has far greater recognition among apostates than among Witnesses who adhere to the faith - this should be an indication that the idea (with the sense apostates apply to it) is no real "doctrine" at all, but a blunt weapon used by less scrupulous apostates in their attacks on Witnesses.

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit