"Theocratic Warfare" - An Apostate Strategy?

by slimboyfat 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Who here had ever heard of this so-called 'doctrine' of "Theocratic Warfare" when you were a Jehovah's Witness?

Who has not heard of the so-called doctrine now that you are an apostate?

So why have Witnesses never heard of 'doctrine', yet apostates seem to promote it as the last word on Witness standards of honesty, integrity and decency? The answer is simple: apostates made the whole thing up!

Of course, old Witness publications, mainly from the 50s and 60s, did talk about something called "Theocratic War" - but it patently did not mean what apostates later twisted it to mean. Witnesses faced difficult situations in Nazi Germany and especially Communist countries that meant that they felt they would conscientiously have to lie to some in authority in those lands to protect themselves and their brothers. Yet apostates have twisted that simple and honest pragmatic measure and made it into something sinister - almost as if Jehovah's Witnesses promoted lying in general! What a lie that is! What a travesty against those honest people. Apostates should be ashamed of themselves when they promote such a distorted picture of such a gentle people.

The worst apostate of the lot has to Jerry Bergman, who has written the most wicked tract claiming that Jehovah's Witnesses apply some general "Theocratic Warfare" and use this to justify lying in court. He even quotes a sister out of context as using the 'doctrine' to lie to the police - an act condoned in the Watchtower. What he fails to mention in his booklet is that this sister lived in Nazi Germany and that the 'police' with whom she was dealing was in fact the Gestapo! I am sure some Witnesses and lawyers have lied in court (like many others in such situations I am sure some Witnesses would stop at nothing to keep their children - is that so unusual?) - but to pretend that it is part of some wider strategy or 'doctrine' is just plain dishonest!

Let us call an end to this "Theocratic Warfare" of apostates!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I knew all about "theocratic warefare" when I was a JW. Any JW who didn't know about it wasn't paying attention at the meetings.

W

• kid-A
    kid-A

"I am sure some Witnesses and lawyers have lied in court (like many others in such situations I am sure some Witnesses would stop at nothing to keep their children - is that so unusual?)"

More apologist "projectile feces" from S.B.F. Yes, you f**cking moron, they do lie in court so that they can ensure that their children CAN DIE by refusing life saving blood treatment in order to appease their human masters, the GB in Brooklyn. Everytime I read one of your idiotic, puke-inducing posts I am reminded of what a repugnant, morally bankrupt confederacy of dunces the JWs (and their internet apologists like you) represent.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

kid-A,

You are such a charmer.

Slim

• carla
    carla

The jw's batantly told my husband to lie to me. Maybe they didn't use the term 'theocratic warfare' but that's what it was and how it was justified later.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I knew all about "theocratic warefare" when I was a JW. Any JW who didn't know about it wasn't paying attention at the meetings.

Okay, can you point to any recent publication where this 'doctrine' is discussed. Only references I can find are in life stories from old timers who remember the idea in its proper context - talking about how to deal with totalitarian regimes like in the old GDR.

Slim

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    kid-A,

You are such a charmer.

Yes, but the truthfulness of his statements cannot be contested.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Are you SURE you're not a jw? You certainly talk like one. I heard plenty about theocratic warfare when I was in the org, far more than I have ever heard here. It nay be a largely - unwritten theory, but I doubt there are many jws who don't know the "principle" of it. Then again, if you asked them about it, they'd probably use theocratic warfare strtegy and deny all knowledge.

• carla
    carla

Point to a recent publication? If there has not been 'new light' printed on the matter, doesn't the old still stand?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Well, well, well, well, well! If it isn't our old friend Dunscot, gracing us with his presence, after all these years! My, how the time flies!

Yes, Duns, it's safe to come out; Maximus isn't here to kick your arse next time you stuff up on Latin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit