Joel Osteen

by jw 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

If you're bibliocentric, why do you need to listen to anyone quote you the bible? You can read for yourself, just do it!

carmel

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    He might be known as the Positive Preacher but you positively don't want to be on the same flight as him and his family.
    Pastor's wife's altercation leads to two-hour delay for Vail flight

The wife of the pastor from a church billed as the nation’s largest was “asked to leave a plane after she failed to comply with a flight attendant's instructions,” writes the Austin American-Statesman. Victoria Osteen, wife of Pastor Joel Osteen of Houston’s Lakewood Church, is said to have had a spat with a flight attendant that delayed a Continental flight from Houston to Vail, Colo., for about two hours. "She was just abusive," says passenger Sheila Steele, who was sitting behind Victoria Osteen, according to the Houston Chronicle. "She was just like one of those divas."

A church spokesman told the paper that the Osteens left the flight “voluntarily” to take another flight to Vail, but FBI Special Agent Luz Garcia told the Chronicle that the family was asked to leave the plane after an "altercation." Countered a church spokesman: "In semantics, they might have been asked to be removed. Really, it was more of a mutual thing." The FBI’s Garcia added that Mrs. Osteen "failed to comply" with the flight attendant’s instructions, which can be a federal offense. The dispute apparently centered on a spilled beverage that was not cleaned to Mrs. Osteen’s satisfaction.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2005/12/the_wife_of_the.html

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

When I was growing up I sat under a lot of his father's teachings. I think if I go digging in my things the ex packed I can even find some of his father's books still around. I also sat under a lot of Kenneth Haggin and Kenneth Copeland Teachings.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hardcore fundies really seem to hate him. So he's ok in my book.

http://www.av1611.org/osteen.html

keep a barf bag handy

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Not my cup of tea, but hey, if works for you...

• Shining One
    Shining One

Oh my gosh! Why are you promoting this garbage? This guy is in the Evang-biz to promote himself and scam others with that stupid smile he always wears! Shades of Jim Bakker....only more charming.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>I also sat under a lot of Kenneth Haggin and Kenneth Copeland Teachings.
    I hope you had the sense to wear a sheet of plastic over your head! Those two B.S. artists promote more heresy than the JWs do. The next thing we will hear are gracious words for Kathryn Kuhlman.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

JW,
    His thoughts on being positive are good but you can get that from Doctor Phil. He promotes heresy like 'word-faith' and 'health-wealth'. Your words will not 'create a reality' nor do any of them have any special power. That is bogus superstition. Sheesh, go get a real Christian life in a Bible believing church. Falling for this guy's teachings is like falling for Amway (be your own boss and get rich!)!
    Rex

• Poztate
    Poztate
    It's Time for an Attitude Adjustment

Are you talking about yourself.Doubt it. Ever post I have seen so far is about how you are right and WE (the royal we) are wrong.

It does tend to get a little tiresome after a while.

• kwr
    kwr

Joel Osteen is one of those prosperity Gospel preachers. I have watched him on interviews and he has no real theology, just God is good and will RICHLY bless his believers if they have faith and tithe to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit