The Rainbow Myth

by Ranchette 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

We've all heard the Bibles' explanation of how the rainbow first appeared. Now I not an expert in science but I believe rainbows have occured every since since light and moisture in the air have existed.
    That would be way before the alledged global flood.
    My dictionary describes a rainbow asan arch of prismatic colors found in the sky oposite the sun and caused by refraction, reflection and dispersion of light in raindrops.
    My dictionary describes rain this way The condensed vapor
    of the atmosphere falling in drops.

Here's Watchtowers definition of rain from the Insite book page 728,
    A vital part of the cycle by which water that rises into the atmosphereb as vapor from land and water surface of the globe and falls to the ground.....at an early point in the history of the preparation of the earth "God had not made it rain upon the earth "but" a mist would go up from the earth and it watered the entire surface of the ground.Gen2:5,6;1:9-13

Hmm,sounds like rain to me.
    [b]Ranchette

• radar
    radar

Ranchette

You often see rainbows around waterfalls.So there were no water falls before the Flood either

Another Rainbow myth

Radar

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Radar:

This is quite correct. Mountains were created by the tremendous forces unleashed by the flood. Before the flood the earth must therefore have been flat. Nothing for rivers to flow off, therefore no waterfalls and no rainbows.

Simple to anyone exercising their bible trained intellect.

Expatbrit

• radar
    radar

expatbrit

Think again!

I am not talking "Niagra" you understand!

just little ones you get near Large rivers ( that ran through the garden of Eden)

Radar

• ballistic
    ballistic

Genesis chapter two describes the rivers in the garden of Eden several verses after the one that says there was no rain.
    FACT: Rivers are part of the same water cycle as rain. They cannot exist seperately. Read Genesis chap 2.
    There is a major discrepancy there between there being no rain, rivers appearing and the first rainbow.

• ballistic
    ballistic

expat, that was mainly directed to you, did you note there were 4 rivers in the Garden of Eden?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Radar and Ballistic:

Nope nope nope! Completely flat! Completely, do you hear me! We mustn't forget that man's so-called wisdom is incomplete, but Jah knows all, and sees all! If he doesn't want rainbows, then flat it is!

And do you think it impossible for the Almighty Jah to make rivers flow without rain? Did he not turn the Nile to blood and make the sun stand still over Jericho? Does the river of the waters of life need rain?

You are mere spiritual babes! Read your bible with the aid of the Watchtower, and open your eyes to the Truth!

Expatbrit

• ballistic
    ballistic

I've never seen rivers flowing across a flat surface, that's really weird expat! Is the fact the earth was flat a society teaching? I've never heard of it before, especially in view of the Garden of Eden pictures with mountains?
    What about rivers without rain, I've never heard of that either?
    What about the fact the mountains can be scientifically dated and are millions of years too old?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm totally "WITH" expatbrit, hey expie- has your membership in the "Flat Earth Society" expired yet? See you at the next F.E.S. meeting, okay?

BTW, is it also a "rainbow myth" that at the end of every rainbow, there is a pot of gold?

OK, sing it to me, Kermit:

The Rainbow Connection - By: Paul Williams

Why are there so many songs about rainbows,
    And what's on the other side?
    Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
    And rainbows have nothing to hide.
    So we've been told and some choose to believe it,
    I know they're wrong, wait and see.
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
    The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered,
    When wished on the morning star?
    Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it,
    And look what it's done so far.
    What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing
    And what do we think we might see?
    The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

All of us under its spell,
    We know that it's probably magic ............

Have you been half asleep? And have you heard voices?
    I've heard them calling my name.
    Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
    The voice might be one and the same.
    I've heard it too many times to ignore it,
    It's something that I'm s'posed to be
    The lovers, the dreamers, and me

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• ballistic
    ballistic

expat, I realise you're just having a laugh now. :)
    damn! I was gunna book time for witnessing as well!

can I just say that in England there was a cult children's programme called RAINBOW, oh actually you've got to see it to understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit