Yikes, there was a tract in my door

by MissBehave 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

So I just went out for the mail and a folded up tract falls out of my screen door. They must have rung the bell while I was on the treadmill. Praise the lord for wireless headphones!

Titled "All Suffering Soon To End!". Included is the predictable technicolor cover of frolicking animals and smartly dressed people surrounded by bushels of fresh fruit and flowers. Gosh, I sure wish a big ole moose would saunter on by next time I'm having a picnic in the meadow in front of my log cabin at the edge of a lake next to the forest at the bottom of a snow capped mountain.

Here's an excerpt...which is a spin I hadn't heard before (maybe because it's been almost 20 years since I've read any literature, or maybe because I never really paid attention)....

"Why did God not destroy Adam and Eve and start over with another human pair? Because God's universal sovereignty, that is, his right to rule, had been challenged. The question was, Who has the right to rule, and whose rule is right? By extension, Could humans do better if not ruled by God? In allowing them enough time to experiment with total freedom, God would establish once and for all whether they are better off under his rule or their own. The time allowed had to be long enough for humans to try all types of political, social, economic, and religious systems apart from God's guidance.

The other thing, why do they capitalize after commas, where I bolded. Someone's slacking off in the gramatics and punctuation department in Brooklyn.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Wow. They make a great argument for god's narcissism. The whole thing sounds so ridiculous.

• under_believer
    under_believer

That paragraph sums up Witness teaching for many years now. And it's such unsubstantiated citationless unscriptural bullshit speculation, too. They don't quote a single scripture in there, because it's all made-up fairyland garbage without any scriptural backing.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

gawd...and to think my own mother is out stuffing these freaky comic books in people's doors.

• KW13
    KW13
    Titled "All Suffering Soon To End!". Included is the predictable technicolor cover of frolicking animals and smartly dressed people surrounded by bushels of fresh fruit and flowers. Gosh, I sure wish a big ole moose would saunter on by next time I'm having a picnic in the meadow in front of my log cabin at the edge of a lake next to the forest at the bottom of a snow capped mountain.

This part made me laugh!

Suffering to end? Hayfever....Innocent slaughter of rabbits?

• LDH
    LDH
    By extension

This is a phrase that some under-educated Writing Dep't personnel uses as a way to sound "brilliant."

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm so glad I don't have to distribute that crap any more. If anything like that comes through our door, we have a shredder.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if someone marked you as a NH (not at home) and plans on calling back? Or if the tract covers their behind? The WTS teaches that not every person will get a personal witness but will still die forever at Armageddon.

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.
  • misspeaches
    misspeaches

Our IT Geeks at work have one of these same tracts hanging up at work with a modification.

"All Suffering Soon to End - Tivoli Dies"

The bit in bold has been hand written on under the original heading. Its quite funny actually! I pay them out for it.

• Panda
    Panda

I hope you had a good laugh! Just imagine that adults are handing out these comics tracts. You'd think that they'd aim for better educated recruits. Oh well ... laugh and toss it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit