Google Trends: The Mormons are kicking the JW's asses

by seattleniceguy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

Actually , most people only use one word as a search term , so a more valid comparison would be to compare "Jehovahs (red)" , "Jehovah's (blue)" and "Mormons" (yellow) - results as shown (if anything , JWs are higher). Presumably a Mormon would do a search on Latter Day Saints.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Sheesh, I wasn't actually trying to make this about JWs vs. Mormons. Everyone is taking this so seriously. It's like searching on peanut butter versus jelly. I was just joking around! ;-)

I think the tool is actually a response to the recent episode where the US government demanded search figures from Google. They've put this tool out to say, here, you can see relative search volumes just like everyone else. Neener neener neener!

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty cool tool.

SNG

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    My only concern with the growth of Mormons vs. JWs is that I thought Mormons could baptize dead friends and relatives. If that's true then the numbers won't make sense when compared to only living jws.

uhhhh, the Mormon numbers reflect only LIVING people. I think if the Mormons factored in their baptism for those that have passed on the figure would outdo the Catholics.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Neener neener neener!

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty cool tool.

hehe.... it IS a very cool tool, one that I didn't even know existed. I'm going to go look at the Google site more closely....Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit