Google Trends: The Mormons are kicking the JW's asses

by seattleniceguy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I thought that title would get your attention.

Google has released a new and fascinating tool, called Google Trends (http://www.google.com/trends). It allows you to see what people search on over time. Just type in a search term, and you'll see how people have searched on that term over the past two years. You can also enter multiple search terms separated by commas to see the the trends overlaid.

For some real fun, add a third search term that everybody else in the world is interested, like, oh, I don't know, sex.

Anyway, I thought this was pretty cool. Have fun!

SNG

• under_believer
    under_believer

In population, too: 12,560,869 as of December 31, 2005.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

that's interesting but not particularly useful for anything. Mormons practically double the official total of JWs so it isn't surprising that searches involving them would be much higher than JWs. I think also that for the most part JWs stay out of the news whenever possible which is why they don't really even register on the scale.

still it is a fun tool.

-ed

• M.J.
    M.J.

In any case, how many Jehovah's Witnesses would actually google "Jehovah's Witnesses"?

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's another useful tool from google. It's strange that one cult kicks another especially when both seem to have originated from free masonic circles. But then the JWs kick the adventists though they are in fact one of their many offshoots.

• Confession
    Confession

I've actually been looking for info like this. Thanks, seattleniceguy.

• TheListener
    TheListener

My only concern with the growth of Mormons vs. JWs is that I thought Mormons could baptize dead friends and relatives. If that's true then the numbers won't make sense when compared to only living jws.

Any thoughts?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

mormons are big news at the moment with all the polygamist exposure of the splinter sects.. warren jeffs is now on the FBI most wanted and the hbo show big love also has people googling more about the mormons.

we need a hbo show on jws.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

cool link thanks!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    we need a hbo show on jws.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

Yah, what a snooze fest that would be

Josie

• Brigid
    Brigid

A similar thought crossed my mind the other day. The JW's pride themselves as being known as the primary group for the door to door ministry. However, I was listening to the radio the other day and they were talking about being bothered at the door by religious folks, and Mormons were cited--not once did they mention the JW's. This is not the first time I've noticed this. The Mormons are simply a lot more savvy and have been more successful and progressive with their religious marketing techniques.

They're all pests, imo. The telemarketers of the religious world.

~Brigid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit