My experience w/ the JW secretary at my office

by looking_glass 54 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    Should she bring up religion, I am to remind her of her prior HR meeting regarding the subject and tell her she is violating the restrictions placed upon her during that meeting (his guess is that they placed restrictions on her).

This is great news. Don't be afraid to do this. My guess is that you don't like confrontation, because you didn't tell her to STEP the #*$& OFF when she interrupted your conversation with your client.

Don't allow her to make your workplace miserable. The very fact that HR has to step in your behalf raises *you* on the radar screen too!

Lisa

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

It is a little hard to go into great detail because you would have to know what our firm is going thru. We have been having to go through sexual harassment and hostile work environment seminars/training because of a complaint made by a former secretary. That being said, it is not so much my fear of confrontation, because I don't have a problem with speaking my mind. My biggest fear is that if this chicks pisses me off, I will lose my temper and it will be U G L Y. For a law firm, right now the powers that be are running scared of the secretaries.

• LDH
    LDH

odd, odd, environment!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

LDH - Yeah, odd is right. Welcome to my world. I have a JW lunatic temp secretary. I am surrounded by people who are frightened to tell their secretary that they suck because it could be deemed as "hostile" and we already have a black eye with the Human Rights Commission. In the US the table has turned and the boss is no longer in charge of the hen house.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I actually have it this time. And you don't have to tread water. Some years ago, when my daughter was small but in school, there was going to be a party with a pinata. I can't put the tilde on the n but you know what it is I'm sure-the kids break the paper, and candy comes out. Well, like a wonderful, careful witness that I was, I researched pinatas in the bound volumes. The gist was that they were originally pagan, likely used to celebrate Christmas...bad...bad...So I would not let my daughter go near one. If you look now , there has been "new light" concerning pinatas.The official position has changed. Since NOW, no one associates it with pagan worship, it is O.K. Why not use the same argument for birthdays? I bet she could not explain how it is different.

I would definetely handle her with kid gloves, but try to placate her. If you come on strong, she will feel persecuted and argue back. You are a lawyer. Ask her questions she can't answer. Use logic. Perhaps she sincerely feels duty bound to "help" you. People can change. I know I did. Let us know how things are going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit