My experience w/ the JW secretary at my office

by looking_glass 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Wow! Great story! (Thanks for getting it posted)

RE: what the jw chick will do-

Yuppers... with their usual 'blinders' on, they always come up with the 'we are being persecuted', or 'the Devil works there', or ... well... you can probably make up some really good ones.

*shakes head*

There is a jw fella whut works where I am right now... he don't know I am an ex-jw... but I have told the others here that I am. One fella is particularly interested in why the jw-fella does things the way he does. So... I have been filling him in on the jw-belief system.

Funny... they seem to notice that the jw's are 'different'... but it's not usually a good thing. It's more like a 'weird' different.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I wonder if she will think that she is being persecuted because she is a jw.

Of course she will.... she loves it, because to her the "end of this system of things" is just around the corner and she can't wait. What is it with some people that they are clueless as far as office protocol, ESPECIALLY when you are with a client. scheeschhhhhhh

Let's us know what happens when you DO celebrate your birthday.... (getting my popcorn ready... )

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

She said that IN FRONT OF YOUR CLIENT???????? She should be fired just for that.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

What is funny is I told my mom about the whole won't go by nickname now that she is jw. So as a joke, my mom told her jw friends that they had to start calling her by her full name. However, it back fired on her because she hates her full name and they know that so they have been doing it to rib her. So even the regular jws think she is strange. And I get the honor of having to deal with her!

My thing is that I am sure this jw chick is going to come to me and complain. Like as if she is the wronged party here. First of all this crap happened in front of a client. We do our best to pretend we are a real firm and normal in front of the clients. Who cares if the rest of the world figures out we all drunk lunatics. If you want to be all over the top religious-wise, more power to ya, but don't bring it in here. Just not in front of the clients.

• blondie
    blondie
    So even the regular jws think she is strange

I have known JWs like this; usually one or two in every congregation driving everyone nuts because they are afraid non-JWs will think every JW is like them.

No evangelizing where I work; no crosses on your cubicle wall, pictures of Jesus, or bibles on desk top. Where I work a "sister" put a WT out on her desk. Her supervisor came over and told her that such things had to be in a desk drawer. She considered she was being persecuted. It went to the next disciplinary level and she found out that no one was allowed to put out religious literature or icons, Christian or otherwise. She complained to some in the congregation and was told to keep it in her desk drawer.

The woman in your office sounds like she is socially backwards and probably was before her JW days and sought acceptance by becoming a JW...some people are even too strange for the WTS.

Blondie

• Emma
    Emma

There's a dub in our office, too. She's known as a real brown-noser and for her fake, over the top smile. We have an in-house web site for pics and a bio, and she's used hers to "witless." I wonder how she counts the time for that?

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

OMG!! What a Wack-O

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! I was thinking this exact thing earlier in your post...

I wonder if she will think that she is being persecuted because she is a jw.

There is an excuse for everything...

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Blondie I wish they would do that here as well. There are some born agains that like to pull out their bibles and read for their lunch. But then they feel a need to discuss it at great length afterwards. Thankfully, they do that to their poor fellow secretaries and not not me.

But the jw found out that I was raised a jw from a guy who use to work here that was also a jw. He was a sweet heart. Very easy going, not judgmental. I was sad when he decided to leave. I guess after he left she felt she needed a kindred soul in the office.

She knows she pi$$es me off, because she did bring it up after the memorial incident. I told her that she does not know everybody's stories and as much as she wants to believe it is all goodness and happiness there are things within the religion that are not happy happy and she should leave people alone when it comes to religion.

The worst part about it is that she does push my buttons and I when that happens I wonder if there is still underlying issues associated with being raised a jw and leaving. I never want to have anyone have that much control over my emotions that they make me angry. There is a saying, behind anger is fear, so it leads me to wonder what I fearful of.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Looking glass, that posting problem happens to me all the time! Good story!

• blondie
    blondie

lookin_glass

I would talk to her officially and tell her that she can speak for herself re her beliefs but not to speak for you. Just clue in your friends that anything she says about you is without merit. She sounds like a sad woman, I bet she has no friends or people to hang with at the KH either.

Can you find someone else for her to focus on?

Also, can you get allies that can step in and whisk her away when things like that happen?

Sounds like you are setting boundaries with consequences if she ignores it. She'll probably get fired and move on to the next office to make crazy.

When I was still an active JW, I had to mediate 4 separate situations regarding JWs out of hand.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit