Suicide: Bearing the Burden - Maximus to Jayhawk

by Eusebius Hieronymus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Hopefully for Jayhawk to see

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thats a very effective article. I will be saving it in case someone i know looses someone by suicide.

S

• teejay
    teejay

Thank you EH for sharing those thoughts from Maximus.

I went through a very painful time in my own life some fifteen years ago when my first marriage was ending. As Max mentioned, the pain I was living day to day understandably became the focus of my life, and I saw no end of my personal dilemma. Although I never came close to even considering the act myself, I DID come to understand the central impetus that leads many to suicide... the deep belief that the problem is and will be unrelenting, that life will never get better.

Of course it always does, but at the time, that reality is far from the mind of the victim. Breaching the gap between what is believed and what is real is hard to do. It takes a will on the part of the victim, at least, and usually at least one other who is willing to go the distance, if the victim is ever to build a bridge from their moment of deep despair to hope, and beyond.

tj

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Thanks, I just now found it. Tell Maximus thanks too.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• UK Rector
    UK Rector

For Marvin -

this post and especially your lyrical words have helped save the life of someone very close and dear to me. I am profoundly thankful.

Our organization, Society or whatever, is not in touch with the depths of the human condition, which tells me one more time that the Governing Body has no special relationship with the God of the Universe.

Maximus, I am most grateful. I think you send the message that the individual is of paramount importance. Jayhawk1, you must feel special.

UKR

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Great post Max and EH. Something that I will hang onto.

hawk

• waiting1
    waiting1

Hey EH (are you the same one as Jerome - I get the pictures confused.)

Anyway......thanks for the post delivery. And thanks to Maximus for the thoughtful article. Love the poem at the end - and I don't like poetry - it just makes a person want to love.

Hey Jayhawk

I'm not familiar with your situation - but my best regards for your happiness. Life ain't easy, but worth it.

waiting

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Someone yesterday noted the presence of priests at the awful tragedy.

What they do is grief counseling. "Last rites" is just part of it.

I think the principles in this piece are apropos for all of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit