Bethel Coach Trips--Is there a Dress Code?

by LDH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I once was at a business conference where I wore a badge and I had another business meeting right after the conference. I forgot to get rid of the badge and my colleages made fun of me. Then I realizes how ridiculous it is perceived to wear badges outside conferences and I rememberes the "good advice" from the km.

• benext
    benext

These are privately held trips and one has the option not to spend the money and go. I went to visit the Hawaiian branch in casual clothing and the person in charge, his name was Abraham Lincoln, gave me a look but what else was he going to do?

• Highlander
    Highlander

I've never worn a badge, never will. Only my first day in grade school did I wear a name tag and quite frankly that's the only appropriate place for one.

If we're not brave enough to have the courtesy of simply asking someone what their name is then we should all stay home and live as hermits.

I guess most witnesses are so socially stunted they need name tags to make proper introductions. it's just insane if you ask me.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This constant worry about how one dresses is very intimidating.

Just like home book studies........why do we have to get dressed up for that like all the other meetings.........

I think it keeps alot of people from not attending..........

and then self-conscience of how they appear instead of what the message is all about.

Its like cloning and takes away uniqueness and individuality.

A few years ago one of my friends daughter went to international convention..........and it was said to them not to wear jeans, to wear khakis.

• LDH
    LDH
    These are privately held trips and one has the option not to spend the money and go.

Well, truth be told, they are privately arranged trips. These people do not own their own busses or cruise ships. They use the same transport that you or I would. The trips themselves occur on common carrier, in fact the website calls them their 'vendors.' On a common carrier, i.e., greyhound, amtrak it is required that you follow their rules with regards to security.

What I was referring to also was the 'we're not bashful' remark. In other words, if your standard doesn't meet the standard of the trip organizer, they have the option to tell you to change your clothes.

Quelle gauche.

Lisa

• juni
    juni
    I wonder if you have to wear meeting clothes and a badge in the pool at the hotel?

That will probably be the next "new light". Can you imagine??

When we toured Bethel in the ' 70s we had to wear mtg. clothes on the plane and at Bethel. Of course, that was a different era.

Shorts????? We couldn't wear shorts while quick building our new Hall. And it was HOT!!

Juni

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The friends are very conscientious about their appearance [when they are being observed by Satan's evil worldly minions, otherwise they don't make any effort to dress up], so this is seldom necessary.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Barf...

I love to dress up, but purposely wear pants anytime I'm around JWs. It's the principle... I will no longer let any man (or anyone for that matter) tell me how to dress, speak, or behave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit