Outline for Special Talk "Is God Still in Control" for April 30th 2006

by Elsewhere 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Else! Notice that they can't find another word for "SOON". They want the rank and file and anyone else who listens to this talk to think that the end is coming "SOON". Soon was mentioned a number of times. No actual time table, just an opened - ended ongoing "SOON".

Blueblades

• greendawn
    greendawn

That soon to be end is vital for their enticing appearence imagine what the JWs will think if they tell them that the paradise is centuries away. All sense of urgency will vanish the preaching work of the JWs will be neglected, youngsters will go to uni without scruples, etc. There will be no fear (death at armageddon by not obeying jehovah which means not obeying a manmade org) and of the expectation, if the end is so far off who cares about the paradise. And the org's value goes right down, there is no release in their lifetime from oppression, through its FDS.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Thanks Elsewhere for the heads up. Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection..... The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Nothing ever changes!

• carla
    carla

Could someone tell me please, why, if this should be covered in 45 min it takes all day? Is this like a one day convention or what? This is not a rhetorical question.

• carla
    carla

anybody?

• steve2
    steve2

Translation for a "special" talk: More of the Same...Yawn

• free2beme
    free2beme
    I find it very interesting that in this talk they say Jehover "remains very much in control of matters affecting the earth" yet at the same time they say that Satan rules the world on their web site.

Are you saying the Watchtower has a conflicting message?

• carla
    carla

So why does a 45 min talk take all day?

• shanti
    shanti

I'm in control around here sisters and don't you forget it!!!!!! I'm in so much control that I lied to them to get disffelowshipped and Jehovah believed it , channeled it down and they believed it because a spirit carried the word to them. you are in control, it's like star wars at the kingdom halls of doom?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit