What Bible Characters Fascinated You?

by MissBehave 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

I grew up like alot of you on My Book of Bible Stories with all the beautiful illustrations

Thinking back the characters that I was most fascinated with were those like Jezebel, Delilah, Queen Vashti etc. Being a young teenage girl, to me they seemed way more interesting. Strong, independent, rebellious, bitchy....they weren't going to let no man tell them what to do. HA! Much more fascinating in my 80's teenage world than the Ruths and Esthers. Plus they wore more makeup and cooler clothes/jewelry which was a big plus in my shallow teenage eyes. Hell, who am I kidding....that's still a plus for me today!!!

Looking back I wonder if that actually made some kind of profound statement about myself, that I was rebelling even then.

What about you guys?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Solomon...he had babes. Lots of babes. I like babes too. Lots of babes.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Looking back it was a dead give away to what I was going to become. I liked Balam (he of the talking ass) and Jonah. Both of them were prophets who didn't want to do as Jehoovah had said and both of them tried to run off and escape from doing his will.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Rahab and Jezebel and the other 'bad girls'.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Hmmm let's see. What was his name again?!?!?
    Oh yeah
    UZZAH {snickering quietly to himself}}}

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Satan. He always had the ballz to stand up to the big guy no matter what.

• z
  • z
  • stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

DIANH. dEEP DOWN INSIDE..SHE WAS JUST EXCERCISING HER WOMANHOOD.

• apfergus
    apfergus

I have two. One was Ehud. I don't remember the story too well, but he took the handle off a sword and used it to assasinate a king who was so fat that they couldn't find the murder weapon afterward. I just found that amusing.
    The other is Mahershalalhashbaz--the longest name in the bible. It supposedly means "the spoil, the spoil, make haste to the spoil". I have no idea what he did, but his name was awesome. And by awesome, I mean crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit