Who really has the "TRUTH"???

by architect 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

garybuss

Yes. And beautifully put.

Shining One

Oh hello you.

>Anyone who follows a god that says 'Worship me or i'll KILL you' is as far from the TRUTH as the earth is from the sun.
    You are talking about the cult teaching, right?

Nice to know you sometimes can see something that walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck is in all probability a duck.

Now if you mean that the Bible teaches that, you are absolutely wrong. All souls live on after the physical realm is traversed. There are two possibilities, 'smoking or non-smoking'.

Oh this is fun. First of all the caring sharing Christian love just coming out at you. I didn't know imitating Christ involved Dennis Leary meets Pat Robinson style stand-up. How... refreshing. And oh, for those of you who do know how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, the additional hair-splitting between the ceasing of a consciousness and the eternal torment of a consciousness. Nice.

What is reality? Is it the physical realm we inhabit now or the afterlife where our souls will reside for eternity?

The former is provable, the latter is unfounded speculation you have no more proof of than someone who believes Thor makes thunder.

>The Bible doesnt contain any TRUTH, if anything it distracts consciousness from what is actual, real and true!

Really? How can you KNOW that? Prove your assertion.

Nuuuurh... we do not have to share your presupposition the Bible is true - the very error the person who starts this thread seems to make. I mean, what use is it saying you have the right oil filters for your car as you have a manual if you have a manual for the wrong car? As we do not have to share your presupposition, for your opinion to be worth a tinkers damn in this regard you have to prove the Bible is accurate. Which so far you have failed to do quite spectacularly. The number of people you put off with your opinion regarding the Bible's meaning and validity I couldn't devangelise in a month of Sundays. You are the one making the assertion, silly. Prove it.

I'm glad the treatment is going well and you've got some Internet hours back in previldges...

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I am not sure if you mean bible truth only? There are many true things in the world. I am convinced though that there is no person alive today nor any religion that can claim that they are have the only truth. We can only claim to have our own interpretation of the truth.

• Pole
    Pole

:Even if all else looks bad, due to the fact that JW's preach the goodnews of the kingdom in harmony with matt 28, doesn't this make them the true religion since technically no other religion can make this claim?

Hi architect,

I guess the key presupposition you base your question shows in your use of the word "technically". Reflecting on your epistemology, or "the methodology of knowing" may be revealing. Personally, I think Pilate's question remains unanswered.

Pole

• crazies
    crazies

Architect,

Your logic seems quite flawed. For one thing they are not the only group out there preaching. What about the Morons Mormons? They put many hours into preaching what they consider the good news. In talking to work mates that were mormons and did their 2-year thing, they would preach 6 days a week from early morning to at night. That much more time than even special pioneers put in. They also have over double the numbers that Witnesses have from their "preaching work". Does this mean they should by defualt win at fulfilling Mat 28? Of course not, what they teach is easily disproved.

The same with JW's, their good news is Jesus came in 1914, which is EASILY disproved, so are they really fulfilling what the bible says?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I don't believe that preaching to people that unless you become a part of the Jehovah's Witness organization, filled with pedophiles and false teachings and obey all the commands of men given by the self appointed Governing Body you will be destroyed at armegeddon by a vengeful unforgiving God, And that even if you do this and underline all your WTs , go to the endless boring meetings, and rat out those who are straying, plus put in countless hours peddling magazines that have nothing to do with Christ - and still you may not be saved by Jehovah when armegeddon comes is the SAME good news or gospel that Jesus and his diciples preached to others, do you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit