Who really has the "TRUTH"???

by architect 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• architect
    architect

Even if all else looks bad, due to the fact that JW's preach the goodnews of the kingdom in harmony with matt 28, doesn't this make them the true religion since technically no other religion can make this claim?

• JH
    JH

Jesus had the truth. What religion did he practise?

He also said, to go make peace with your brother before giving a gift to God.

So, the JW's should not shun other JW's or treat them like shit, and then go preach.

• lucifer
    lucifer

my opinion on who has the "truth" is that NO ONE will know....how can they possibly..did "God" tell them so himself?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Even if all else looks bad, due to the fact that JW's preach the goodnews of the kingdom in harmony with matt 28, doesn't this make them the true religion since technically no other religion can make this claim? architect

Do Jehovah's Witnesses really preach the good news of the kingdom? Please show us from the Scriptures that what they preach is the good news of the kingdom.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

If everything known about a tree is written in a book, and you place that book next to a tree, where is the truth?

The Bible doesnt contain any TRUTH, if anything it distracts consciousness from what is actual, real and true!

J

• heathen
    heathen

I think truth is based on provable facts . The WTBTS keeps saying it has the " truth" but then keeps changing the "truth", so did they have the "truth" ?

• LaCatolica
    LaCatolica

THE CATHOLICS!!! haha, just kidding

Certainly NOT the JWs...I just cannot accept that...no matter how hard I try! Every religion thinks they are the TRUTH. It's just their opinion! Only GOD knows the TRUTH. No religious organization should claim this...all of us read the Bible and interpret it the way we want.

THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW!!!!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Gospel of gobbledygook"The Good News" that Jehovahs Witnesses preach from door to door, world wide, has a definite theme that is different than "The Good News" preached by the churches of christendom. "Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah's Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah's Witnesses is really "gospel" or "good news," as of God's heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914." (Watchtower, May 1, 1981, p. 17) That's it! Galatians 1:8,9 "Whoever preaches a DIFFERENT version of the Gospel let him be accursed"
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

why can no one else claim this technically?

(New Testament | Matthew 28:16 - 20)

16 ¶ Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
    17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    19 ¶ Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Seems to me that the JWs singularly fail this test as follows:
    1/ Jesus was talking to apostles - where are the JW apostles or do they claim the rank and file are equal to them..?
    2/ If the JWs baptise in the name of the Father where is their authority - did it just appear because Russell was given it from heaven or was it appropriated from someone else? in what way do JWs claim any actual authority to teach anything? Certainly the pattern shown above (Jesus spake to them) has not been followed.
    3/ Which of Jesus' commandments do they teach? Sacrament for all, fasting, honouring parents (even if not members??),no theocratic warfare, charity...and so on.

(New Testament | Mark 14:22 - 23)
    22 ¶ And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
    23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.

(New Testament | Matthew 9:15)
    5 And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

(New Testament | Matthew 17:21)
    21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

(New Testament | Matthew 15:4)
    4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

(New Testament | Matthew 19:18)
    Thou shalt not bear false witness,

(New Testament | Matthew 19:21)
    21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

• lucifer
    lucifer

thats if you believe in God and the Bible, how can you prove that the Bible is right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit