Desperate for Numbers!

by Scully 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

I met someone earlier this week whose ex-spouse is a JW - part of a fairly prominent JW family in this area. Although never baptized, this person Studied™ and went to Meetings™ for about 4 years. This person even disclosed that they had progressed to the point of being an Unbaptized Publisher™. So I asked how they enjoyed going in Service™. I had to stop myself from bursting out laughing when they answered: This person said they didn't mind going in Service™, but they NEVER tried talking to anyone they met... they always let the "senior" Service Partner™ take all the calls.

The WTS must be getting desperate for numbers if they'll count people who just show up, who REFUSE to Witness™ to non-JWs in Door-to-Door Service™.

Is this just an odd anomaly? Or is this happening more often than we could imagine? Does anyone have any other intel on this?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Im not sure about now, but when I went out, I tried my best to let the other person always do the talking!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That's exactly how I was. I hated going d2d. I always used the "shy" card when we approached the door.

• JH
    JH

I never did like pesting people, so I just offered the magazine. But the elder with me, said don't offer the magazine, until the show great interest. Talk with them instead. Paper is expensive he said...

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Wow.

I once knew someone that came into the "truth" and he progressed to the point where he became an "approved associate" and was allowed to go do FS. He would do what your friend did just stand in the background and watch. He would regularly put his hours slip in but it was never accepted by the PO because he wasn't actually doing anything. Back then you had to be actively witnessing in order to get your hours in before you became a "publisher"

I guess standards really are slipping in dubdom.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

Actually the women I studied with told me this story

Sister Y was out in service with Sister X. They get to the door and Sister X says to the householder. This is Sister Y and She has a message for you. Sister Y was caught totally off guard.

I only went out a couple times but no one was home and we didn't even leave anything in the door for them to read. I felt like a jump hoops and was totally exhausted to drive around in a car and do nothing.

• Diogenes
    Diogenes

I was on the ministry with this self-righteous pioneer sister a couple of months back and I was intent on not witnessing to anyone.

After a few doors she turned to me and said "Don't you think it's about time you did a few doors?" To which I replied "You're doing really well so you can just keep going", she then said "But as a brother you're the head so you should be doing some doors" I said " Well as the head I'm delegating...YOU do the doors, obey me as I'm your head!"

She seemed pretty peeved at me...

• blondie
    blondie

Desperate For Numbers (attendants are instructed to count...)

1) Babies, sleeping or not

2) People who come in at the last 60 seconds

3) People who come in at the first 60 seconds but leave

4) DF'd/DA'd people

5) Sleeping people

6) Sleeping children

7) If it breathes.........count it

8) People calling in on the phone line

9) People in their cars listening on the radio (some assembly halls do this)

10) Other

Blondie

• xjwms
    xjwms

L O L

Blondie is right

thats exactley how they count

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I had a study™ once who became an unbaptized publisher™ but would not take doors™. The elders™ let him get baptized™ anyway. Within a couple of days of getting baptized™ he left the congregation™ to go to Sault Ste. Marie because a sister™ he was hot for lived there. She was the only reason he joined the cult. I hope he's out of it.

I think JWs will do anything to boost their Holy Statistics. That's what the memorial™ is all about too.

Now I'm wondering if passing wine to minors violates liquor licensing laws.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit