The Best Revenge...

by CountryGuy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

is living a good life....

I'm not sure who said it, but is it ever so true. The JWs think that once we leave the "protection" of the WTS, we are doomed to wander through life aimlessly and without purpose. And, maybe I did that for a little while.

BUT, I have been on a mission to take my life back from those rotten SOBs. Phase One was getting rid of the baggage from years of WTS brainwashing. Thank you to Simon and all the wonderful Apostates who post here on JWD. I wouldn't have been able to do that without you all.

I've been working on the second phase since July. Get back my health. It's so easy to let you health go when you don't "have a hope for the future." However, I do have a hope for the future. Since July of last year:
    -I have lost 102 lbs and six pant sizes.
    -I no longer have to take medicine for my diabetes.
    -I no longer have to take any medicine for acid reflux.
    -I no longer have to use my CPAP machine when I sleep.
    -My high blood pressure medicine dosage has been cut in half.
    -My fatty liver syndrome has been slowly correcting itself.
    -My cholesterol number, while never "bad" has been improving.

The last time my "friends" I grew up with, spoke with me (I was just weak then), they kept asking me, "But, are you happy?" I wasn't then, which is what they want. They have to believe that happiness can only come from Jehobah and his Bumbling Body in Brooklyn.

That was then, this is now. If any of my former "friends" are lurking on this board, I can honestly say, "Yes, I'm the happiest I have EVER been." Happiness does come from God, but He doesn't require you to belong to a specific club, like the WTS, to be happy. There are "myriads upon myriads" of apostates out in the real world. Happy, happy apostates with normal, productive lives. I am proud to say I am one of them.

CountryGuy

• serendipity
    serendipity

Congrats, country guy, on your great progress!!

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Kool

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Congratulations, that is great to hear and really good advice.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Thank you for posting that! It's so true and I'm very happy that you're happy!

Swalker

• mariposa
    mariposa

Hey Country Guy...

That's awesome!! I'm so proud of you!! I know exactly what you mean, I had been slowly letting myself go healthwise thinking why bother, the new system's around the corner. If nothing's gonna be here in a few months then why bother? I just started eating healthier and doing some exercise and I've lost 7 lbs. as of today. Not much compared to you! But man, I totally understand where you're coming from!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Thunderous Applause for you Country Guy!!!!!

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

We've been away from the KH for over four years. Never did receive a phone call, although someone called and didn't leave a message (caller ID). There have been "apostate" rumors for several years, but to my knowledge we aren't "officially" out. My mother told my son I tried to talk to one of her friends the other day and they were offended. She told them we weren't DF'd or anything like that, so why shouldn't I talk to them. I make it a point to say "hello" to all I see, with a big smile, asking how they're doing and telling them I'm doing just great. It makes for some funny facial expressions, when we're suppossed to be "gnashing our teeth" and "weeping" for leaving. I've decided not to "play their games" and even when we do get the "axe" I'll do the same. I must say, I have a much closer relationship with Jehovah, and now with Jesus also, something I really can't say I had before "studying" the Bible. I'm so grateful I found out the truth, about the "truth."

Little Bo Peep

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I completely agree...living well is the best revenge...well done!

DB74

• James Free
    James Free

congratulations. Life outside the Org. can be great - not the evil scary satanic world the JW's are told it is for individuals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit