South Park Revenge

by Justitia Themis 15 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

OK.

I just finishing watching the episode.

Even though I believe satire should stay as stated, I'm going to resend my comment.

Its not funny to join the super adventure club.

I'm off to join the GOP instead.

steve

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Another thing.

I guess there is an issue of child molestation among the scientologists.

steve

• undercover
    undercover
    I guess there is an issue of child molestation among the scientologists.

There's usually issues of child abuse amongst any high control group or cult.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hey! I thought they were going to do an episode where Chef comes back?

Because it turned out that the man who did the voice had to leave because he had a heart attack (or something like that), and then a Scientologist woman took it upon herself to tell the producers he had left because of the Sciento-episode. Most of them really are controlling freaks!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It looks like the Scientologists have already engaged their famous "spin doctoring" machine.

Frankly, I trust this quote:

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the 63-year-old soul singer and outspoken Scientologist said.

"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored," he continued. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060313/ap_en_tv/people_isaac_hayes

More than this, from Fox:

Isaac Hayes did not quit "South Park." My sources say that someone quit it for him.

I can tell you that Hayes is in no position to have quit anything. Contrary to news reports, the great writer, singer and musician suffered a stroke on Jan. 17. At the time it was said that he was hospitalized and suffering from exhaustion.

It’s also absolutely ridiculous to think that Hayes, who loved playing Chef on "South Park," would suddenly turn against the show because they were poking fun at Scientology.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188463,00.html

Do you see the difference? The first is a direct quote. If it were wrong, the paper could be sued for libel. The second is 'my sources' and 'he would never do'....

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    It’s also absolutely ridiculous to think that Hayes, who loved playing Chef on "South Park," would suddenly turn against the show because they were poking fun at Scientology.

Love the writer's bullying "absolutely ridiculous" thrown in to intimidate the reader into accepting his spin on the events. But then again:

More than this, from Fox:

Ya gotta consider the source! Fox News Motto: Cantankerous dolts who want to feel smart by always having a differently spun version of events than what is reported by most media outlets, we're here to serve you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit