MAXIMUS - Don't Ever leave

by hawkaw 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Sometimes it is fine to take a break. When you find your personal life affected by words on a screen written by someone half a world away, then it is time to step back and put things into perspective.

Because of the limitations of this medium and the misunderstandings that go along with it, and at the very least because of who we are and the path we have chosen, every single one of us will draw fire at some point. Other times we become so frustrated to the point of lashing out and saying things we don't mean.

I have enjoyed your comments. Please keep a balanced perspective and take care of yourself. Best wishes,

Path

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Max has taken these and many other private letters to heart and has been taking a break from the board. If you review what HE has said rather than others' conclusions, you'll see this is not about a knee-jerk response to one poster.

He does have concerns about a venue that gets very abusive, not just to him, but to others. Sure, we have freedom to say anything we want, that's understood by all. People are hurting, sure. That's no excuse for vicious attacks designed to cause pain in others. No one should expect Ms. Anderson to subject herself to such either.

Maybe it's like road rage.

In a conversation he asked me to thank all of you until he does so personally.

• ianao
    ianao

Maybe Maximus is realizing that this board is mainly for support of those who've left "the tower" and not for those serious beyond the usual bitching, moaning and complaining that I see happen here:

"Oh, my mommy and daddy are still stupid like I was... WAHHHHHHHH!"

"Oh boo hoo, I'm letting a bunch of idiots ruin my life instead of flipping them off and telling them where to go... WAHHHHHHHH!"

Maybe Maximus is going to go somewhere where he will be appreciated.

• LDH
    LDH

Interesting point Ianao. (have missed chatting with you).

I've stayed away from most of the posts regarding the child abuse issue (With the exception of Mario Kempes; where I stated I believed him to be a fraud). It has not affected me or my family so I don't really feel free to comment on it.

However, I am aware that there are many on this board who have been through this travesty of justice, and to those people, Maximus represents what the WBTS should have been doing all along.

No, I don't know Maximus' real identity. Nor do I need to. He is like a whistleblower who needs to protect his identity until he can no longer do so.

Those of you who feel like you're out of the 'clique'--realize every organization has some form of hierarchal structure.

The Ex-JW internet is just such a place. There are some old hands. Kent, JanG, JanH, Norm, and anyone else I've forgotten. These are soldiers who have been battling since the early days of the net. Do Four-Star Generals allow Privates into their confidence? Does Colin Powell hang around with a USMC recruit? Just because they may work for the same goal, is that all that's required to be let into someone's confidence?

Not immediately, and not without a lot of hard work.

Max, for those that need you, I hope your light will be such that you can't take leaving it under a basket.

Lisa

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I think it's a shame that people like Penton and Franz, and probably others with valuable knowledge and insite don't post for the same reason that Maximus is currently in absentia. Is there a lesson here? Or do people just prefer to throw things and have a good time?

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Don't worry Maximus ain't goin nowhere.

He so into what he is doing he won't go until he's good and ready. Now he's never told me that, but I know because Maximus is a wise OLD FOX!

So don't anybody worry their pretty little heads he'll be back or I'll eat my hat.

He's playing a game with the WT and a very good one as far as I can see, from my very limited point of veiw.

I tip my hat to Maximus!

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Max:

I echo the sentiments of many others, and ask that you don't leave. Your wise posts (among others) are why I come here. You've been a help to me personally, and to many others I'm sure. I am thoroughly grateful for whatever you are able to offer, and I accept whatever you decide to share humbly and appreciatively.

THANKS!

CPiolo

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Max,

I know these words have been repeated often in this thread - I just hope mine don't get lost in the midst of it. PLEASE know that there are those of us that appreciate with fullness of heart, the hard work you go through to take care of the innocent voiceless ones. If I were still in, I'd be forever in your debt and Barbara's debt. Please don't let the losers on this board chase you away. Your wisdom, knowledge, courage and humor are things we would all do well to imitate. You are a gentleman in my book! You do deserve more than what this board could ever offer you. I understand if you leave, but please know that you would be dearly missed!

Christian love,
    Andi

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Maximus,

I was away and unable to follow all the debate on

the "case" . I can only add this:

Do not leave the forum, you are very much needed...and greatly

appreciated for what I do consider an e x c e l l e n t work!

Without hypocrisy, all the best to you personally,

take courage...

J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit