MAXIMUS - Don't Ever leave

by hawkaw 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Max,

I just read another thread where someone took a "shot" at you with the F__k word etc.

Go hug your wife and remember what happens in October with your family.

You may meet 10 idiots on this board but I assure you, you WILL help save at least one life and another one's freedom.

hawk

• wasasister
    wasasister

Max: When I first arrived on the old H20 DB, I was newly "out", about to end a 25 year marriage, all alone save one or two loyal people in my life, and hurting badly. Not long after my first post, someone called me a "viper". For some reason, it really stung me that the place I had come to for refuge - and hopefully a place I might help someone else - could hurt me in this way.

Since then, I've been called a lot worse. Once or twice something I've posted has touched someone enough for them to say so. I'm not here to make any earth-shattering changes, but if occasionally I can make someone laugh, encourage someone with a pat on the back, or help someone to understand they are not alone, it's worthwhile.

I hope you stay. If nothing else, there are some great drink recipes on another thread.

Affectionately,
    Wasa The Viper

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Hi Maximus,
    Even if you meet 100 idiots on this board and help 1 person, that one person is worth it. Personally you have helped me with your insight. Don't ever leave.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Max:

When I first began lurking in this forum, it took me awhile to figure out what the point of any serious debate was to be here. I've been out of the control of the society for so long, it just seemed a trivial and amusing passtime. But, after reading a number of your posts and answers to others, it dawned on me that there is a real exodus occuring from the WTS and the internet has become a pivotal point in it's evolution.

Many who post here are at varying stages of separation from the society and many are forced to hide their real feelings and beliefs for fear of losing familial relationships through disfellowshipping and disassociation. Many are not aware, as you are, of the internal turmoil that currently exists at the Brooklyn headquarters. You provide valuable information in a kind and serious way.

Please do not be dismayed by detractors. While I tend to view frivolously many of the matters discussed here , I forget that these are serious, life changing discussions for many. Keep up the good work.

• Grunt
    Grunt

Wasasister,
    I am sorry for the pain you have had to endure. I am glad that you stayed as I have enjoyed your posts. I hope your situation is better now and that your golden motives are rewarded with the happiness you deserve. To me you just have to overlook some of the people who are boors. No doubt their circumstances have given birth to their problems so I try to feel a little compassion for them and to ignore as much as I can. Once again, I am glad you are here and I enjoy reading what you have to say.

Max, I said what I have to say to you and others like you in my post to the Insiders. Thanks. Thanks a lot. I appreciate not only your knowledge and information but your attitude.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Just wanted to add my two cents worth, Max. I have always appreciated your posts and I know you to be a man of honor. Does that make me a groupie? I've always wanted to be a groupie! haha

Seriously, there are too many people on this board that look forward to your thoughts and insights, please do not let the observations/opionions of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

Tweetie

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    there are too many people on this board that look forward to your thoughts and insights, please do not let the observations/opionions of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

Amen to that!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Maximus:

Just to add to what I already have said to you, I feel very strongly that there are too many here that do acknowledge your contributions to this board as informative, helpful, encouraging, insightful and much more, for you to leave us.

Whether you were a DO or one of the r&f, makes no difference to most of us here...it is what you say and how you say it. We know of, and acknowledge, the hard work behind the scenes that you are doing. Knowing your motives to be generated by caring about people and their hurt, and by wanting to see the WTS held accountable for its deceit and hurtful policies and not seeking notority, makes you all the more endearing to us.

I think of all the ones just lurking and hoping for answers to their dilemas, and hope that you will continue to contribute here knowing that they will be able to see past the immature claims and labels, such as "groupies" and "cliques", and will benefit from your posts and the helpful replies that are generated in your threads.

hawkaw
    Sincere thanks to you for starting a separate post to say this to Max. Most of us here are mature enough to see the rapport you two have through your mutual interests and efforts and hard work going on behind the scenes.

I join others who have said, we will be glad to wait to hear whatever any of you can tell us when you all deem it "safe". I only wish I could be of more help.

Had Enough (who refuses to be labelled as a groupie, but will continue to acknowledge people who have honorable intentions)

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I guess alot of people like you Maximus, but you know that's got to draw some fire from those that inside feel jealous, perhaps wanting such attention for themselves.

You got quite a bunch of us that will defend you not because your Maximus, but because we value your imput to this forum.

Keep up the good work!

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hello Maximus,

I just want to add my voice to those others who have spoken out here: please don't leave. Max, as has already been said, you are needed on this board. Personally, I am very much appreciative of the posts you write, the kind and eloquent style of writing that you have, and the information that you share with us. I know that you have a family that you enjoy spending time with and yet I am so grateful for the time that you put in here. YOU HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE TO ME. I am one of the ones you've helped and I'll bet you didn't even know it.

Max, please don't leave.

Dana

"I undid his head collar and took him outside for a drink, and felt, if not exactly a communion with him, at least an awareness of being a fellow creature on a lonely planet."

Dick Francis in "To The Hilt"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit