Made-Up Rules Dubs Try To Impose On Each Other

by calico 90 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I guess it falls into the realm of a false analogy. =

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

It comes in a pint? I'm gonna try one of them.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    ankle braclets were wrong because they thought only prostitues wear them

Yes Collegegirl - I went on holiday to Spain and bought an anklet - and was labelled a 'prostitute' on my return to England.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

The re-release of the movie "The Shaggy Dog" brought back a silly memory...

I was not allowed to watch the original when it came out in my childhood...because it was magical and was a secret attempt to make people believe in evolution ! LOL

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you ! LOL

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    It is in fact true, however drinking beer by the pint is the standard measure just as drinking tea by the cup is.

Only if you live in the UK though.

Down under theres pints, pots, schooner's, butcher's, ponys, middy's, glasses, 10's, 8's, 7's, 6's and you have to get it right where ever you are or have the piss ripped outta you.

• ballistic
    ballistic

it's a pint folks! this is the only thing we've fought to keep through metrication...

http://gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/medicine/smoking-cigarette-and-beer-in-pint-glass-AJHD.jpg

• undercover
    undercover
    Men cannot wear necklaces.

I remember that in our congregation. One brother got it in his head that only gay men wore gold necklaces and he convinced the elder body of it, so they went around counseling all the younger brothers about wearing necklaces.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I got talked to about holding hands and putting my arm around my wife during the meetings.

It might make those unmarried sisters feel sorry for themselves, catapulting them into sin, or weakening their resolve to stay single until a good brother showed up in their lives. I never did stop.

• undercover
    undercover
    If a man and a woman ( not married) and unable to be chaperoned, one should sit in the back seat, to make sure nothing happens.

I remember a family from the mid-west moving into our congregation. They were very conservative. I remember the teenage daughter was aux. pioneering during the summer months.

A group of us were out on a weekday doing door to door until 3 or 4pm. When we broke up to go home, this pioneer sister didn't have a way home. I offered since it was on my way home, plus I hadn't had a chance to really meet her or talk to her. My buddies knew that I just wanted meet her. She reluctantly agreed when she finally realized that there was no other way to get home, save have her mom come pick her up, which she knew would make her look untrusting of the new congregation.

I was feeling pretty good about being the one to take her home until she climbed in the back seat of my car. I felt like a chauffer driving home the prom queen. My buddies gave me hell for that for the next week or so.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Dresses or skirts only for sisters... of all the silly rules! I never saw this in a publication, and yet never saw a woman in trousers at a meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit