Do you still carry the non-blood card and what are your thoughts on it?

by Chico86 15 Replies latest social humour

• Chico86
  • Chico86
    Chico86

I was curious on what your belief is on blood transfusion and do your families that are active J.W.s enforce you to carry it around in your wallet?

• Chico86
    Chico86

Even though I'm no longer an active J.W. I still carry around the card, just so my folks won't talk B.S. about it. However, I'm not sure what my beliefs are on the subject of blood transfusion.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I threw mine away.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Chico,

How would your family know you still have the card or not? That seems a bit strange that you would carry it anyway. That's taking a pretty big risk. I threw my out a couple years ago. I saw it in my purse one day and I was like WTF is this thing still here for and threw it out the window of my car.

• dvw
    dvw

i tossed that thing five minutes after i signed it.

• dvw
    dvw

both times.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

Now I carry a card that says "I don't accept blood from a Jehovah's Witness."

• Gill
    Gill

Mine was unceremoniously flung on the barbecue a year or so ago, along with my husbands and kids' cards.

I had sort of been carrying mine around as some sort of 'just in case'. Then I realised what a load of rubbish they were and I was potentially carrying mine and forcing my kids to carry their death warrants.

• theredhead
    theredhead

I threw mine away, and I donate blood on a regular basis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit