What Would It Take For Your JW Family/Friend To Get Out?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Is there ANYTHING that might get your Witness relative or friend out of the "Truth"???

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

A literal God/Buddha/Allah/Higher Power speaking from a burning bush.

But even that may not be enough

• KW13
    KW13

Some days i think there is a ray of hope. Others i feel so miserable and down.

607 i hope, the Un thing and other lies and tricks will slowly show the truth to these people. Other than that when i try and speak to mum i get the wall down, her religion made her kick me out when i dedicated at church e.t.c

I know one thing made her stop and think and she can never have an answer to this. IF jehovah cared, how come when my stepdad was hitting me and you didn't believe me he didn't help me?

She says but Karl you left home eventually...then i say, yeah and at the same time the JW faith and started Church. Maybe your right mum. The true God did save me. Then she goes quiet.

• blondie
    blondie

No doctrinal explanation or experience of how the elders or another JW were cruel to them probably would have budged me at one point. I had to see it myself, find the understanding through my own research, experience the same crap knowing I hadn't done anything to attract the abuse, before I got the picture. Then it was finding a way to leave without making a big scene and having the "dogs" chase me down and chew me up.

It was some kind well-placed questions by some non-JWs and the "kind" experiences from the rank and file that got me started. The WTS and their minions are their own worse enemy.

Blondie

• Dune
    Dune

Thursday night, my brother told me that if our adoptive mother died, he'd leave.
    We in no way want her to die, but right now, she's the main reason we wont leave.
    She's so concerned about how other people think about her that it would probably kill her if we left the religion

• minimus
    minimus

I bet many Witnesses stay on just because they're afraid it'll kill their

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Some days i think there is a ray of hope. Others i feel so miserable and down.

Same here.

I don't think anything will ever get my boyfriend out, though. He's so closed-minded about so many things, he'd never stand up and question his beliefs, never.

-Becka :) (of the "feeling kinda depressed today, gotta be PMS" class)

• hubert
    hubert

I think it all depends on how far into the cult a person is.

Scripture could only work on j.w.'s that really divulge into it.

I think undeniable proof of Watchtower lies and contradictions might work in some cases.

This is the course I'm taking, but no results yet.

Hubert

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Is there ANYTHING that might get your Witness relative or friend out of the "Truth"???

I'm afraid most of them are going to leave the Watchtower Lie with their toes sticking straight up.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They will never come out because they have developed their social life there and it's not easy to leave a familiar environment for a new unfamiliar one. They also don't really care about the WTS and most JWS in that KH don't, they see the org mainly as a social club.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit