What's your favourite movie of all time?

by deeskis 62 Replies latest jw friends

• deeskis
    deeskis

We had a weekend away a couple of weeks ago. I took a few Classic DVD's along in case the weather turned sour.

So I watched ghost with Demi Moore, that pottery scene has to be one of my favourite ever..........gives me goosebumps! but it's not my favourite movie of all time/ I'm embarrassed to admit it, but ok I will, cause I'm with friends! my favourite movie of all time is............the sound of music. I've lost count of the number of times i've seen it. I was up to about fifteen times before it left the cinemas. now that it's replayed on tv and videos it's countless. i virtually know the whole movie script word for word. drives my family mad!! my favourite scene is the greenhouse scene...........I am 16 going on 17. On our honeymoon we had a stopover in Salsburg, Austria, and visited where that was filmed. I re-enacted that scene!! I know..........I'm a sop.!

anyway my husband's favourite movie is Alien (1979), favourite scene where the alien bursts out of John Hurt's belly. Yep, men are from mars.........women from venus!

so how about you..........what's your favourite?.............

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Blues Brothers

Reminds me of pioneering in the '70's - we were on a mission from god and drove like jehu

• Caedes
    Caedes

Withnail and I, Amelie and Nikita, in no particular order

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Private Ryan" because it seems to have a timeless quality about it, it has a more general meaning than that of its immediate context.

Some ppl didn't like it but it got top marks from film critics like Ebert and Berardinelli, and IMDB put it in the top 70 films of all time.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I`m middle-aged so there are far to many that I really like! but recently in the past few years, I`m gonna say I extremely enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies, and the Mummy movies with Brandon Frasier!!

......and I can`t forget "Big Fish"! I still cry when I watch this one.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile and Circle of Friends.

I have a friend who loves Sound of Music too, so don't worry, you're not alone.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

The Mission

Kill Bill Vols 1 and 2

• Frog
    Frog

I found crumpet!...apparently you were missing (see thread:) (btw, that's not the title of a movie!)

Amelie (french film), Sabrina (audrey hepburn), Bowling for Columbine (docu).

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Raising Arizona and Shawshank Redemption in a tie I have seen both well over 20 times

• Frog
    Frog

Caedes, i was gonna say Withnail & I! Cult classic, just love it! "your hair are like arials, they transmit messages into out of space and send them to the government..." lol!

Also love the original BBC production of Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy...but that's a series. Also love, as corney as it may be, the BBC production of Pride & Prejudice. Don't normally go for chick flicks, but that was brilliant. x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit