What was the nastiest house you got invited into?

by Virgochik 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• TMS
    TMS

My wife had studies in several of these type homes. If they made any progress at all, we would usually help them "redecorate".

One lady, Brenda, in rural Arkansas, was the worst. She had three kids near school age, not trained to use the restroom. Excrement was smeared all over the walls. Space heaters raised the indoor temperatures in the winter to about 85F.

I would sit in a recliner near a window and raise the window for fresh air to breath. My primary occupation was suppressing the gag reflex.

On a subsequent study, "my" recliner was out in the yard. Brenda said it had a rat's nest in it.

Brenda eventually became a JW. For some reason a very prissy Circuit Overseer included her in his car group. The CO came back from the territory early. Brenda's five year old had pooped in the back seat of his immaculate Chrysler.

Those were the days.

tms

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I thought I had been to some bad places, but you guys win, for sure!!

The worst place I went to was a study with an old married couple. They lived in a trailer with holes in the floor and windows. I don't think either of them ever bathed. The wife must have weighed 400 lbs. The place was infested with all sorts of crawling creatures, but the roaches were the worst. After the first time, I never brought a book bag with me, because the roaches crawled in there and I could never be sure what I'd find at the next door....

The sofa was disgusting, I'm sure that some of their numerous cats had peed in it repeatedly, and I pearched on the edge, making sure my skirt didn't touch the floor (didn't want the bugs to crawl on it!) They always offered us coffee in coffee mugs that had probably never seen a drop of soap. I never brought my lips anywhere near that coffee.... eeeewwwwww.... I can only imagine what was crawling around the kitchen.

GGG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    To this day I don't know why my parents live that way .

Depression and poor energy levels due to allergies and other health issues can contribute to being overwhelmed by and then giving up on housework. I don't judge anyone's house cleaning or lack of. Have you ever had the flu and found your housework got behind?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    One place I am sure had a dead animal (I hope it was an animal!) under the house.

LOL at Gregor!

The nastiest was the guy with no legs on fife avenue vale park SA who pulled a gun and fired at me as I tossed a 'goodnews tract' in his direction and high tailed it outta there (it was 1974 and everyone had to be given a goodnews tract before the end came).

The dirtiest wasn't a house but a ships cabin. My pioneer partner and I said yes to drink. The Indian guy searched arround and found a pair of dirty underpants and then proceeded to wipe out two big classes which he filled with kalua & milk. Shit it tasted good! lol.

• Gregor
    Gregor

UB,

Doesn't everybody wipe their dishes with dirty underwear? That's funny! There is something about the Indian culture that does not include deodorants. I am sure they bathe often but in a warm, humid climate you start to exude that vegetable soup smell from the arm pits within an hour or so. My wife and I almost checked into what appeared to be a nice old hotel in London run by Indians or Paki's. Fortunately I asked to see the room first. By the time we got to the third floor, thanks to the smell of curry and armpits, we had made our decision.

Had a BibStud with a nice old Greek batchelor who had lived in his tidy little apartment for 30 years. He always provided refreshments, usually tea or coffee, grocery store cookies. Sometimes, Red wine with a plate of olives, sliced onions and cheese. The problem was he had a terrific case of excema or psoriasis or maybe it was just world class dandruff. He wore flannel shirts buttoned all the way up. His shoulders were covered with flakes of skin and gray hairs. Never could get into the snacks too much.

• jojochan
    jojochan

My ex wife's house; to sign my divorce papers. And while I was there I noticed out the corner of my eye her boyfriend's DIRTY white boxer briefs.

She tried to say that they were mine.

small, cramped 2 bdr apartmant looked like a crack den...no, really it did.

jojochan.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Cant top any of these so far.... but I lived in rural Tennesse and Arkansas and parts of Florida so I can say I seen stuff equal to the worst described so far...........

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit