For those questioning the F&DS

by ArgCampeon 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ArgCampeon
    ArgCampeon

An interesting scripture reminds us to be careful of those that question every good thing that the F&DS does:

Titus 1:10-16
    "10 For there are many unruly men, profitless talkers, and deceivers of the mind, especially those men who adhere to the circumcision. 11 It is necessary to shut the mouths of these, as these very men keep on subverting entire households by teaching things they ought not for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 A certain one of them, their own prophet, said: “Cre'tans are always liars, injurious wild beasts, unemployed gluttons.”
    13 This witness is true. For this very cause keep on reproving them with severity, that they may be healthy in the faith, 14 paying no attention to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn themselves away from the truth. 15 All things are clean to clean [persons]. But to [persons] defiled and faithless nothing is clean, but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. 16 They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort."

That is why apostates need to be cut off from the congregations, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort. Jehovah sees it this way. Many are deceived by exjw and apostate websites. I do not want to be in their shoes when Jehovah comes knocking.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Arg,

Um, dare I say your thoughts and opinions are always welcome on this board! Dare I say also that, due to the freedom which exists on this board and not in the so-called Christian congregation of JW's, you will be overwhelmed with rebuttals!

I challenge your very first sentence....nobody challenges EVERY thing (or every good thing) that the leaders of the WT Society does. It is just so well-documented that their teachings and harsh actions have been so hurtful over the years, that they themselves set the poor example of "Christianity", with Pharisaical rules, nit picking on so many little things, making life burdensome for what they call the "rank and file" among their flock, always demanding more, but not really setting the example of giving more!

So as for the leaders of the WT society, I would like to borrow your last quote, "I do not want to be in THEIR shoes when Jehovahcomes knocking".

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• UK Rector
    UK Rector

Is this the sweet voice of GodRules/Mario Kempes/humble that I hear again?

Who are you calling detestable, champ?

Take any post and disagree with it SPECIFICALLY!

Quit the smooth insinuations, otherwise YOU stand as detestable and not approved.

U K Rector

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    those that question every good thing that the F&DS does:

What about those who question every bad thing that the F&DS does?

Expatbrit, trying to think of some good things they've done

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Hmmmm....I don't know of anyone here who "adheres to the circumcision", so I guess we're okay on that point.

To be perfectly honest, I can truly see how this scripture applies to the WTBTS. Thank you for posting this.

It is necessary to shut the mouths of these, as these very men keep on subverting entire households by teaching things they ought not for the sake of dishonest gain.

This is SO true. The WTBTS has manipulated many good, honest-hearted people into selling their literature, which teaches lies. They subvert tax laws so as to maximize their profit.

All things are clean to clean [persons]. But to [persons] defiled and faithless nothing is clean, but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. 16 They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort."

What other organization do you know of that makes every normal, human emotion, act, or desire into something unclean? The WTBTS has inspired so much guilt and shame in its adherents over issues that are totally normal and innocent, while harboring vile criminals and molesters....all for the sake of "looking good" to the world.

Yes, the WTBTS "publicly declares that they know God", but examination of their "works" uncovers filth and detestable acts.

Thank you so much, ArgCampeon, for your brave expose of the detestable WTBTS!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    That is why apostates need to be cut off from the congregations, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort. Jehovah sees it this way. Many are deceived by exjw and apostate websites. I do not want to be in their shoes when Jehovah comes knocking.

Now Argie old son, aren't you one too? What are you doing here if not? Methinks you're kidding yourself!

BTW you're at it again! What is it about the letter to Titus that you like so much? Just to recap: Keep your quotes IN CONTEXT.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• joelbear
    joelbear

I guess I am a bad guy because I have to admit I do adhere to the circumcision. I think it makes the penis look prettier.

• ArgCampeon
    ArgCampeon

redhorsewoman: Very nice way to twist things around. Your "mind" is "defiled" as Paul wrote.

To those talking about circumcision. That is an example Paul is giving on how some kept arguing about this, although the Governing Body had already given direction. Try to get the point of the scriptures instead of making wise cracks.

• JanH
    JanH

A word of advice, my friends:

Don't Feed The Trolls!

- Jan
    --
    "People are apprehensive when they meet me. They think I'm going to eat
    them. But underneath it all, I'm quite shy." - Freddie Mercury

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What "governing body"?

Share this