Assembly Time is Near! Were you always a good Dub when you went?

by MinisterAmos 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I've gotten into at least one argument at every one I've gone to. Last summer, I started laughing when a sister on the stage told us how "proud" she was that she only had two complete place settings in her house. If more than one person came to visit she related that she had to wash a cup so that the other one could drink. Everyone nodded solemnly in agreement with her display of piousness. I lost it badly and literally blew snot out of my nose holding in the snortles. The Elder who was on stage with her had some shingles blown off the roof of his bay-front mini-mansion during one of the storms that hit here. His house was fixed by JW labor, but in the mean-time he bought with insurance cash the next door mini-mansion with a better view of the bay. Now he has two water front houses like the pious sister has her dishes.

At another I was told "you can't walk here" referring to the fact that my 2 Y/O daughter had finally gotten fed up inside the auditorium and wanted to walk around. We were in the lobby quietly moving around a bit when an accomodator told me "You can't walk here". I literally stopped and dissected his statement while he watched. I can't walk in the lobby? Meanwhile throngs of Dubs were passing us on the way to the john. Hot, tired, stuffy and frustrated I answered "just F'ing watch me walk where I want to walk" He wanted to know which congregation I was from so I told him "Uranus" I saw him in the parking lot at lunch time and proceeded to feed the birds next to him and his family. They crapped on him.

What's up with these badges anyway? Are they stupid enough to think someone might pop in off the street?

• Highlander
    Highlander

What's up with these badges anyway?

I agree,, never did understand that concept. This isn't the first day of grade school and the teacher has yet to learn our names.

Just for the record, I've never worn and never will wear one of those stupid badges.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Apparently our circuit assembly is on this weekend. Oops I've made other plans...

But when I did used to go I generally was your good little witnoid. Took notes, looked up the scriputures. But I did used to volunteer for food service when they had that arrangement so I could get out of some of the session.

Trust me I was a complete straighty one eighty!!

• blondie
    blondie

Wearing badges...someone on JWD had a good idea....put South Park down for the congregation and pick one of the character's names under "name," i.e., Eric Cartman.

Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I used to have a good sleep during the talks -especially during the Public Talk on Sunday afternoon

• Highlander
    Highlander

put South Park down for the congregation and pick one of the character's names under "name," i.e., Eric Cartman.

Blondie

I love that Idea,,, I seem to remember that being mentioned on another thread.

Plus I love South Park,, I watch it almost every night.

It would be great seeing the disapproving faces of those that actually read my name tag,,, Maybe I'll wear my first name tag and actually attend an assembly again.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I used to go in quite late to minimise the amount of time I had to sit through those boring talks. I solved crosswords to pass the time.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

from Treasure of Sierra Madre..

-Let us see your badges!

-Badges! Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!

--------

seriously, don't you remember all the assembly pep (I mean prep) talks where it was mentioned how the badges identify you as one of JWs and help make a Witness while you are travelling to and from and while there at the convention.

The badges will probably have to be replaced with somehting better. Last year, I used the one that posted here and printed out my own and went to a couple of days to the DC.

It looked pretty authentic. The color was slightly more orange than the real ones but no one seemed to notice.

-Eduardo

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Ahh circuit assembly time! I used to do security which really meant wander around the car park during the sessions. One thing I recalled that I had forgotten was that I used to deliberately bring my Bible and song book in a carrier bag, I used a supermarket one saying Merry Xmas with a Santa on it, a Rothmans cigarette one and an off licence one

• unique1
    unique1

My crew were asked to quiet down or leave on several occasions at dinner in a restaurant after the assembly. We were a loud raucous bunch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit