Raymond Franz

by KW13 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Interestingly I just read readers reviews on amazon uk pertaining to COC

Here's one from a JW . . . .

Neither I nor many of Jehovah's people had any idea. Many of us have known that something was not right in Jehovah's organisation, but were discouraged from asking. Jehovah deserves the very best standards and when something is wrong, it must be put right.

I BEG the readers not to infer that the faults are Jehovahs - they are not. I also beg you all to pray that his organisation can be cleansed and the ones who are doing this wrong will turn back from the disgraceful way.

Witnesses - do not be afraid of asking questions, or from reading this book which is neither bitter nor twisted. Jehovah doesn't want us to be terrified anymore.

• Acurardx2007
    Acurardx2007

Does anyone know how I could send him a letter and thank him?????? I actually called him and spoke with him several months back for a brief moment. He still feels pity for the way people have been treated as a result of some of the teachings.

• willyloman
    willyloman

For American ex-dubs, Ray Franz is our George Washington. Or, more precisely, our Thomas Paine.

• deeskis
    deeskis

I think something like this transcends borders. It's not just an American thing. He's pretty "up there" for me too.

best wishes

D

• moshe
    moshe

People took pity on Ray F. ,too. He received a very large gift that allowed him to buy his home outside Atlanta after his first book came out- from So. Africa , I think.

I expect he is doing fine now with his book's royalties. I used to vist him on my trips to Florida and call him. I guess we don't agree anymore on the essence of G-d.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

As you can tell from all of the comments, Ray Franz is so highly respected - in fact after reading his books Crisis of Conscience and In Search Of Christian Freedom, we were moved to thank him for helping us escape from the clutches of the JWs (after 32 years in) within a week he had written back to us, such a loving and encouraging letter. We thought it was so thoughtful of him, even though he is in his eighties (I think) and has not been too well in the last few years, he actually took the time to write a letter to us. What a stark contrast to the London Bethel, we wrote to them asking them to help us understand things such as the UN involvement etc. well that was over 3 years ago and we are still waiting for an acknowledgement.

Welcome to the board to all the Newbies, it's just great to see so many new ones coming out of the JWs

Dansk - Good to see you - hope you are well

Twinkletoes

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

My husband finally convinced me to read it as well. It was a really hard step for me to take, but a good one. I am left frustrated because the veil is lifting and the truth isn't at all what I thought it to be. I want to share it with my parents and brothers but I can't lose them, family is a strong tie.

• greendawn
    greendawn

He did make it obvious that the GB are nothing but deceitful men that can not possibly be appointed by God to represent and further his interests on earth. They appear more like unscrupulous opportunists trying to play their silly power games.

• deeskis
    deeskis

that's funny, I didn't get that angle, In fact RF said himself that he felt most of them genuinely believed that they were in the truth.

I just felt that when Ray started asking questions, they were clutching at straws to protect their org.

Best wishes

D

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

When I first started researching the internet, I ordered Rays books, read COC in 2 days, just couldn't put it down. ISOCF was even a better read I think. Really had much to do with my leaving the org. I cant thank him enough. I like the earlier posts about trying to send a letter or something to thank him. Does anybody know how old he is now? Moshe said he used to visit and call him. How bout it Moshe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit