MY LITTLE GIRLS HEART PROBLEM

by chuckyy 30 Replies latest watchtower medical

• unique1
    unique1

GOOD LORD!! Poor little thing. I hope all goes well. You realized the idiotic policy before most do and before more damage was done. Best Wishes.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Chuckyy:
    Sorry to hear about your wee one, pal. I hope that they get everything sorted for her. She's still young enough to hopefully make a full recovery and lead a totally normal life

I don't know if British law will make a case for you, as we don't tend to hit the courts as often as the Americans, but it could certainly be worth investigating!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Best Wishes (((((((Chuckyy&daughter))))))) in every way

~Merry

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I'm so sorry to hear that ((((((((((Chuckyy))))))))))).

Frustrating is short of what we all really feel about it, but here you are today. Best wishes, and many hugs to your daughter.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

sorry to hear about your daughter, tho my little brother has fellows (four things wrong with his heart) and he had a shunt at one but he had to wait till he was 7 too as i thought that must of been the best age, he had a machince where the blood goes straight out and straight back in, it was a big op but he was out in just over a week! hes 21 now and 6 foot and well, he still has regular checks but hes fine, im sure your daughter will be too, (he tells everyone his scar was caused by a shark bite!!!! and seems quite proud of it!)

i think your doctor might be mistaken can you get a second opinion what is the matter with her?

<<<<<hugs>>>>>

• anglise
    anglise

Chucky

I hope all goes well for your daughter.

Your doctors story seems a little odd. Any child that requires surgery/blood in the UK would automatically be made a ward of court if the parents resisted.

My GD had OH surgery at about 2 years old and her parents were told that whilst they would do their best not to use blood if necessary they would. My daughter & son in law didnt have a problem with that.

Please dont be too hard on yourself over this.

Some heart surgery is better delayed until the child is bigger or stronger.

Please feel free to PM me.

Anglise

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

gill

she is going to bristol.they can repair now with keyhole useing an amplatzer device. my little girl has no upper septum and has her vessels the opposite way around and her valves have now been affected.

chukyy

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Chuckky!

I believe that Bristol is supposed to be one of the very good places for heart surgery for children, despite the past 'goings on'.

I sort of hesitate to suggest this to you because people's circumstances vary so much, but have you had a second opinion on your daughters condition yet? For something so serious, a second opinion is always a good idea. Your present doctor should not take offense at your asking especially if you put it in a sensitive way, and explain that it's not because you doubt his competence but because you feel you should have found out far more earlier on and want more opinions on your little girl's case. I can recommend the Glenfield Hospital in Leicester because it is supposed to be amongst the very best in Europe and I know they have dealt with similar cases to your daughter's and have surgeons with a world wide reputation. Your daughter's case sounds very complicated. Glenfield also has an ECMO machine, one of the very few in Europe.

Personally, I would ALWAYS recommend at least two opinions on something so serious. I know that doing that probably saved the life of one of my own children.....and now he's at strapping twenty year old 'pain in the ass'!

I'm surprised that your surgeon did not 'force' surgery on your daughter earlier on. Perhaps he was not so confident in his own abilities, even though he may well be a good surgeon.

Try for a second opinion if you can.

Whatever you decide, good luck and we're all thinking of you, your daughter and family!!

• Gill
    Gill

I meant to also say, that your surgeon may be very happy to have the opinion of another doctor on such a case as well, and I doubt he'll not recommend Glenfield, with its reputation to you also.

Gill

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Chuckky, Thinking about you and your family and wishing you all the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit