MY LITTLE GIRLS HEART PROBLEM

by chuckyy 30 Replies latest watchtower medical

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

HI

I AM VERY ANGRY AT THIS TIME.

I TOOK MY 7 YR OLD LITTLE GIRL TO THE HOSPITAL YESTERDAY....SHE HAS HAD HEART PROBLEMS SINCE BIRTH. I EXPLAINED THAT WE WERE NO LONGER JW,S AND WOULD ACCEPT BLOOD IF NECESSARY DURING OPEN HEART SURGERY. THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT IF THAT WAS THE CASE, THE OPERATION MUST PROCEED WITHOUT DELAY. HE ADDED THAT THE ONLY REASON THAT THEY HAD WAITED WAS BECAUSE OF OUR PREVIOUS STAND ON BLOOD. HE ALSO ADDED THAT THE WAIT MAY HAVE CAUSED FURTHER COMPLICATIONS. I,M ANGRY BECAUSE I THOUGHT ALL THESE YEARS THAT WE WERE WAITING FOR HER TO GROW, NOT BECAUSE WE WERE JW,S. SO HERE WE ARE WITH A NOW VERY AWARE LITTLE GIRL THAT COULD HAVE HAD THIS ORDEAL WELL BEHIND HER WITH LITTLE MEMORY OF IT. NOW, THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE. ALL BECAUSE OF SOME IDIOTIC POLICY THAT I WENT ALONG WITH TO THE DETRIMENT OF MY FAMILY. GOD HELP THE WATCHTOWER. THANKS FOR LISTENING

• luna2
    luna2

I'm so sorry, chuckyy. This religion does have a lot to answer for. Thank goodness you aren't held back by it any more.

I hope surgery goes well for your daughter and that she is able to make a full recovery!

• vitty
    vitty

Wasnt the blood issue discussed with you before ?? And if youd been active would you have stuck to it ? Thank goodness you mentioned it

I often think, with a shudder, what I would have done if anything had arisen when my children were little.

I hope everything goes well with your little girl.

• damselfly
    damselfly

O Chuckyy, I'm so so sorry. Please let us know when the surgery is closer so we can all send good, healing thoughts her way.

Dams

• kid-A
    kid-A

sorry to hear about your ordeal, which is made all the more stressful with this information from the doctors. However, I think the doctors were negligent for not properly explaining all the options to you and the rationale for delaying the surgery before. If it had been a blood issue, not a developmental issue, they should have explained that to you years ago so dont blame yourselves.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sorry Chuckyy. Hang in there. Get through this one, get it behind her. When everything goes well and she turns out fine, the trauma will be forgotten. And she's got a great lesson in life learned at 7:

Never let a human tell you to do something that your humanity tells you is wrong.

She's learning it at 7, we learned it in our 30's.

Take care, Bud.

Dave

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((chuckyy and family)))

I hope the surgery is successful for your daughter now they've decided to proceed.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I'm so sorry to hear about this ordeal that your daughter is going through.

I remember when we told our daughter's cardiologist that we were witnesses (my husband was going along with it as much as he could to respect my beliefs).

He looked at me with this sort of amazement. I look back now, with that same sort of amazement. Truth be told, I remember her doctor saying the same thing about growth.

Hang in there, at least you know now and go forward.

Please keep us posted so we can send warm thoughts and prayers your way.

meagan

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Chuckyy,

I am so sorry to read this, and I hope that all goes well for you little girl.

Both her and you will be in my thoughts

love

Linda

• sf
    sf

{{ My warm regards for you and warm hugs for your precious daughter }}

Now, do something productive with that righteous anger. Secure an attorney.

Hence, if you haven't already ordered a copy of the Autumn issue of Journal of Church and State, make sure, at least, that your attorney gets their hands on the essay contained therein entitled "Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions and the Tort of Misrepresentation" by Kerry Louderback-Wood.

Take good care.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit