Is there any way I can just “cream skim” the “Truth”????

by HiddenQuestioner 41 Replies latest jw friends

• HiddenQuestioner
    HiddenQuestioner

I have been lurking for some time and only recently started to post. If you have seen my posts, I have always represented myself as a “loyal” JW and one who is planning to stay in. However, lately my faith and commitment as a JW has been tested and, without going into details, I am having problems of faith and life that I could really use some help on.

If so, you might ask, why don’t I just leave? Well, I have a wife that is a very devout JW and she would be crushed and very upset if I quit – she believes it ALL 100% and lives to worship the Borg. In fact, she would be very upset if she even knew I was visiting this site. So the real choices are: 1.) Stay in the religion and keep my marriage or 2) Leave both the religion and the marriage. (I am afraid that life would be hell if I tried to stay in the marriage but quit being a JW. BTW, this is my 2 nd marriage, not a great one but one that I am willing to try to save. My happy 1 st marriage was lost because she quit both me and the “Truth”)

So, choosing Option 1, the question then becomes: What can constitute me “staying in” as a JW? Given that past serious injustices as a JW justifiably “stumbled me” (these alone caused me to find it necessary to search for answers from JWD), I felt I had no choice but to develop Coping Skills in order to go forward in life. These skills are what I characterize as “cream skimming” i.e. a Plan to get the best out of being a JW, while avoiding the worst. So here’s my Plan. Tell me if this will work….

1. I will attend meetings only for my spiritual nourishment, worship of God and fellowship and not out of guilt, loyalty to an organization or need to learn how to save others. This will mean going to meetings if and when I want to and not because I have to. This will mean only listening (and occasionally commenting, when I feel like it) and not helping out, except with monetary contributions, which I can easily afford.

2. I will enjoy my successful career and its rewards first and any enjoyment as a “brother” second. This will mean that I will plan to get all my self-esteem from my rewarding work. This will mean I will focus fisrt on my family/home, the work and then personal life and then lastly my life of being a “cream skimming” JW.

3. In tandem with the above, I will seek and nurture my good and fun-to-be-with adult professional “worldly” friends to the exclusion of lesser friends I find in the “Truth”

4. Keep an open free mind and look at and participate (for the good) in this very interesting, helpful and often encouraging web site. (BTW, thanks again to all those postings that have helped me “clear” my head on some things.)

5. Now here’s the toughest part. To keep this “show” alive and keep my wife happy and not suspicious, I need to do Field Service. This is the part I detest the most, as I feel like such a hypocrite when I do go out. How about just 3 hours a month and only offer Bible encouragement and harmless invites to the public talk at the local church Kingdom Hall?

6. Be a peace with God and myself by continuing to get closure on the past injustices inflicted on me while I was a devote JW.

Can this work or am I just fooling myself? Realize, Option 2 has some serious downsides also. (And, sorry this is so long)

• Legolas
    Legolas
    and not helping out, except with monetary contributions, which I can easily afford.

Well I had to stop reading at that point!

Don't you know your money goes to protect child molesters that the borg defends?

Now I will finish reading the rest....sorry carry on!

And I should have added that it also helps to spread the "LIE" to others!

• Confession
    Confession

HQ,

I think this plan will work...for awhile. Others here are in the same predicament as you.

For me, it took awhile to shed my Watchtower skin. Now, I think it's pretty well gone, left behind. At some point you may have the confidence to "come out" with this to your wife and others. Don't force it now. But keep learning.

Learning the reasons why it's not what it claims to be.

Learning how others have succeeded in helping their family members to see what they've come to see.

Learning how you can have a happy life, after the bizarre experience of being a JW.

My Best...

• kls
    kls

Been there as my husband was getting stronger in the Truth i was seeing the BS and fading . I stayed in to make him happy but was so miserable living a lie and told him i was leaving the org. I was told i was demonized and had elders on my butt as my husband was having our children and others spy on me. Life was pure hell but i did it for me and my kids and i never regreted it ,not to say this is right for everyone but i would do it again .

Do what is right for you and not to make others happy.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Sounds like you arent planning on using skin cream as much as you are planning on getting a facial. A governing body facial.

You can keep these plans up for a while. What the hell do I know. Some of my ex-friends are still pulling that off and, as far as I know, have not yet killed themselves. Everyone's different though.

GBL

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Skimming the cream off the top of the org is much akin to getting a cup of punch whilst try to ignore a turd in the punch bowl.

Sorry

• kls
    kls

Skimming the cream off the top of the org is much akin to getting a cup of punch whilst try to ignore a turd in the punch bowl.

Sorry

Excuse my Hijacking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hi Binner

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

First of all , Welcome!

I agree with Legolas, please don't give these jerks any more money. If you have to put something in the box, just give 'em a dollar.

Only you can know how to proceed with your situation. I recommend getting as informed as possible. My recommended reading list - Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom by Ray Franz, Gentile Times Reconsidered and Signs of the Last Days by Carl Olof Jonsson

I would suggest reading "How I helped my family leave the WT http://www.freeminds.org/psych/exithelp.htm Freeminds is a very informative site, you could spend days just reading articles on there.

Helpful exit information: http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/bj.htm

Christian oriented ex-jw site, check out questions for JWs: http://www.towerwatch.com/

For stuff to stump your wife with: http://www.reexamine.org/index.php/Main_Page

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hey K, long time no see :)

• kls
    kls

Same here .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit