Mother violates privacy and gets burned!

by Darth Yhwh 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Classic passive-aggressive dub behavior. They cannot win on the merits of their own belief system so they try the 'guilty' treatment.

Question: Why in the blue blazes don't you have your computer set up with a password protected administrator account and a password protected screensaver option?

Last time I trusted someone to use my computer, they inadvertently downloaded a bouncer virus with a shareware application that almost destroyed my system... I lost two years worth of irreplaceable family photos.

I also back my system up weekly now...

Jean

• LDH
    LDH

Darth,

These are the exact phrases my JW parents use to defend that malarkey. Usually with the thrown in, "Don't try to steal my faith!"

It's amazing to see them spouting WBTS sound bites.

• carla
    carla

Oddly, she doesn't apply any of the things she wrote to herself or the org she belongs to. Not oddly, that should be, sadly. Sorry.

On one hand I feel like saying, next time you should leave something really juicy up for her to get into like the UN documents, Silentlambs, etc... but, on the other hand it would probably just make things worse.

Do you worry about leaving your kids alone with her?

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    Classic passive-aggressive dub behavior. They cannot win on the merits of their own belief system so they try the 'guilty' treatment.
    Question: Why in the blue blazes don't you have your computer set up with a password protected administrator account and a password protected screensaver option?
    Last time I trusted someone to use my computer, they inadvertently downloaded a bouncer virus with a shareware application that almost destroyed my system... I lost two years worth of irreplaceable family photos.
    I also back my system up weekly now...

Jean, as I mentioned earlier I had thought about pass wording the file. My mother has used my computer in the past while watching the kids and I don’t have a problem with that. I suppose that in the back of my mind somewhere I realized that this possibility existed and I just didn’t care if it happened.

You’re absolutely right though about security and backing up information. I’ve also lost many photos of my precious children due to lack of backing up. Perhaps I’ll back up photos tonight, I’m past due.

These are the exact phrases my JW parents use to defend that malarkey. Usually with the thrown in, "Don't try to steal my faith!"
    It's amazing to see them spouting WBTS sound bites.

I agree LDH, talking to a JDub is like getting that prerecorded message on the telephone when you dial a non existent number. The beauty of my current situation is that there is no guilt factor for me. Had she not violated my privacy she wouldn’t be enduring the emotional turmoil that she is currently.

Oddly, she doesn't apply any of the things she wrote to herself or the org she belongs to. Not oddly, that should be, sadly. Sorry.
    On one hand I feel like saying, next time you should leave something really juicy up for her to get into like the UN documents, Silentlambs, etc... but, on the other hand it would probably just make things worse.
    Do you worry about leaving your kids alone with her?

Carla, trust me the info that I had on this two or three page document is enough to get any JDub shaking for fear of inviting demons into their home by reading apostate literature. I suspect that it will be some weeks before I speak to her again unless I put forth an effort. What makes this situation even more interesting is that I think there’s and upcoming WT regarding the dangers of apostates. She’ll be thinking about me I’m sure through the entire study article.

My mother is one of the few that I can trust with my children. She is great with the kids and really knows how to handle them. I used to worry about her trying to indoctrinate them with WBTS BS but we had a talk about that over the summer and I think she realizes that if she tries to preach I’ll limit her visitation.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why do you spend your Families time trying to condemn your mother’s religion?

The same reason the JWs came to my door to condemn our family religion?

Why not just let God take care of it?

Don’t you think he can?

Do you really think he needs you to help him?

Why didn't JWs adopt this same attitude when turning their backs on their traditional religions? If this was their attitude, why did they come to my house and tear our family apart?

Before you sit in judgment of others, try perfecting yourself.

Yeah, this is a good one. They should have done this before judging me because I had a moustache, or because I was going to school. Or maybe they should think of this before they condemn 6 billion people, including infants, to be butchered at armageddon.

Accept the good in people

That's right! Other religions help the poor! Why can't Jehovah's Witnesses accept those good attributes? Or at least have a donation box for the poor like the Catholic church does?

Especially those who try to do right in their lives because of their religious convictions.

Doing right? Like introducing religious strife into families through their preaching work desemination of cult propaganda.

Look around you, can you really say this World has a lot more to offer you and your children than God can?

Oh? Is she saying the Watchtower Society is God's equal? That God is incapable of functioning apart from those boys in New York? Turning away from the WTS is not turning away from God.

Don’t hook up with people whose total goal is to destroy the religious freedom of anyone, including Jehovah’s Witnesses.

That's right!!! Don't hook up with people who persecute and shun you because you exercise your God given and constitutionally protected freedom of religion. Don't hook up with people who tell you what you may or may not read. Don't hook up with people who try to police your relationship with God.

If you love me, you will drop this obsession. It is ruining our relationship!

Yeah, that's what my family said to me and my mom when we first studied with JWs. Now I wish I listened. That cult destroyed my family. My mom is still a JW, and she's constantly eavesdropping on my conversations with my sisters, and talking dirt behind my back to JWs she knows. She talks dirt about me to people who have never even met me.

W

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Sunspot,

Obsession...hmmm. I was told the same thing more than a few times as I race to the computer every morning (and several times throughout the day) to see what's up on some different forums! Some family members can't understand why I "let it eat at me" and that I should just put it in the past and move on. So....maybe I am obsessed...but who'se got a better right than former JWs who were duped by a printing company into believing that they were "God's ONLY chosen and approved" religion as we patterned our ENTIRE LIVES around this lie!

Next time anybody gets in your face about this issue, ask them how long it would take them to get over losing a child - a divorce - infidelity - being scammed out of your life savings ...

Because in a spiritual way, all these things have happened to you.

GentlyFeral

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I’m sorry to hear about your relationship with your mother Finally-Free. It never ceases to amaze me just how many families have been destroyed by the WBTS. Thanks for your answers to your questions. Id like every one to post their own personal answers to these questions as if they had come from their own family.

Next time anybody gets in your face about this issue, ask them how long it would take them to get over losing a child - a divorce - infidelity - being scammed out of your life savings ...
    Because in a spiritual way, all these things have happened to you.

Excellent point and well said GentlyFeral. I’ve struggled to put into words the feelings and emotions regarding my reasoning for posting on this forum. You’ve pretty much summed it up.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    Why not just let God take care of it?

He is. He's allowing the Society's misdeeds to come to light - the UN, SilentLambs, the new info on the blood brochure. Ask her how receptive she's going to be to God's revelations about the Society?

Do you really think he needs you to help him?

No, you're just trying to be receptive to information he's presenting through 3rd party sources.

Before you sit in judgment of others, try perfecting yourself.

You don't tell other people that your word is infallible, and that if they don't accept what you say then their very salvation is at stake, even though they may admit that they are imperfect and may change their minds, er, see new light in a few years and those very beliefs may change drastically. You don't judge others by shunning them even though they are repentent of their sins.

Accept the good in people,

You're not criticizing them, or missing their good qualities, you are simply doing as the JW's suggest - searching out the truth and examining the scripture daily to see if these things are so.

Especially those who try to do right in their lives because of their religious convictions.

JW's don't accept the good in 'wordly people' even though they do right in their lives because of their religious convictions.

Look around you, can you really say this World has a lot more to offer you and your children than God can?

Sure God has a lot more to offer. But you're not talking about God - you're talking about a corrupt, deceitful organization.

Do yourself and your family a favor, read only the Bible trust it as it really is the word of God.

Exactly mom - read only the Bible, not the WT, Awake, or any Society publications and see what it REALLY has to say.

Don’t hook up with people whose total goal is to destroy the religious freedom of anyone, including Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The Witnesses do nothing but destroy freedom - freedom to conduct your life as you wish and answer to God personally for those choices.

If you love me, you will drop this obsession. It is ruining our relationship!
    I hate to hear that mom. I certainly don't have any hard feelings towards you, why do you feel negatively towards me for searching out the truth?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit