Mother violates privacy and gets burned!

by Darth Yhwh 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I started a Word document in early October regarding the failed predictions of the WBTS. I titled it as False Prophets and my intent was to have a resource for information regarding WBTS publications that verified that they claimed the end of the world was happening on such and such date and they knew about it because of their privileged status of having an open frequency with the almighty itself. The document was basically a cut and paste from the Quotes website with a little commentary from myself in-between biblical and WBTS quotes. My initial intent was to give a copy of it to my JW mother or at the very least bring up points from it when the appropriate time presented it self.

Yesterday my wife and I attended a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game with her mother. One in which the Pens won over the NY Rangers by a score of 4 to 3 in sudden death over time (sorry to all you Ranger fans out there). I arranged for my mother to baby-sit my three children while we enjoyed the hockey game. When we returned, although my mother was presenting a pleasant façade to my wife and myself, I couldn’t help but sense some frustration in her mannerisms. After I came in and sat at my computer I decided to see if she had been poking her nose around into my personal affairs. Sure enough she had opened the Word document and typed me a little message. Here it is for your reading enjoyment:

Why do you spend your Families time trying to condemn your mother’s religion?
    If it’s so wrong, then why bother?
    Why not just let God take care of it?
    Don’t you think he can?
    Do you really think he needs you to help him?
    Before you sit in judgment of others, try perfecting yourself.
    Accept the good in people,
    Especially those who try to do right in their lives because of their religious convictions.

Look around you, can you really say this World has a lot more to offer you and your children than God can?

Do yourself and your family a favor, read only the Bible trust it as it really is the word of God.
    What do you have to lose?

Don’t hook up with people whose total goal is to destroy the religious freedom of anyone, including Jehovah’s Witnesses.

If you love me, you will drop this obsession. It is ruining our relationship!

After reading:

Don’t hook up with people whose total goal is to destroy the religious freedom of anyone, including Jehovah’s Witness.
    my first thought was that she had logged on line and was viewing either my favorites or my history folders. Although she did log online she didn’t view anything that would make her think I’m “hooking up” with apostates. Just like the WBTS advises she stayed away from questionable content on the internet. What a good little JDub she is. The Society would be proud!

Another bit of information that she gave me was:

read only the Bible trust it as it really is the word of God. What do you have to lose?

The reason this was so interesting to me is because my father had surgery recently (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/101353/1.ashx) and after listening her and a hospital liaison committee representative talk all day long about what are the do’s and don’ts according to the WBTS, I blurted out “why don’t you just read the bible?” Perhaps I planted this seed in her mind back then? I wouldn’t count on it. I think what she’s really trying to say here is to stay away from apostates. She knows I’m not going to start reading the WBTS’s publications so she figures that if I must read religious material then I should stick with the bible and stay away from anything else.

She also asks me to “drop this obsession” as it is “ruining our relationship!” Well I certainly wouldn’t call this little hobby of mine as an obsession. She acts like I bring these issues up with her every time I see her. I haven’t had a religious conversation with her in nearly two months and she wouldn’t have even been exposed to my opinion had she not be violating my privacy.

So any way, I’m sure that many here will enjoy this story. I would also enjoy your thoughts and to discuss her reaction with you all.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not know whether to be angry on you behalf about priavcy invasion - or laugh at her absurdity

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

awww...sneaky...sneaky.

both of you. I hope she take the time to really think about what she's read.

Thank you for sharing.

lisa

• Forscher
    Forscher

You might want to add a little note of your own to that document that snooping around in your private affairs is not only rude, but none of her affair. Then don't say a thing about it.
    After giving her enough time to find it, start passwording stuff you don't want her to see.
    Forscher

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Why do you spend your Families time trying to condemn your mother’s religion?

It isn't just your mother's religion. The WT-BATS has influenced more than a few people to "kiss Hank's *ss" (ie.)

According to the Bible, most of the time God uses people to right wrongs. Who's to say you're not one of 'em?

Don’t you think he can?

According to the Bible, while God CAN condemn and does so on occasion (Adam & Eve, Serpent, Sodom & Gommorah (sp?), Flood, etc.) God hasn't appeared to condemn anyone since Jesus' death, unless it's by neglect in some third world country or neglect of the homeless in the USA, etc.

Before you sit in judgment of others, try perfecting yourself.

Accept the good in people,

Especially those who try to do right in their lives because of their religious convictions.

Is that what the WTS teaches its members? NO, they do not.....they only give it lip service, while influencing everyone to "beware of apostates, the internet, worldly people, worldly entertainment, OTHER RELIGIONS, even brothers and sisters may not be "approved association" according to the WTS, etc.

Look around you, can you really say this World has a lot more to offer you and your children than God can?

It has much more to offer than the WTS, which appears to be your god.

Do yourself and your family a favor, read only the Bible trust it as it really is the word of God.

Any bible?......or the NWT, wherein so many words have been changed in their meaning, context and/or added to and even part of John 8 (the story of Jesus saving the adultress from stoning) was MINIMIZED because it might influence WTS members to actually show mercy instead of condemnation in such instances. They'd rather stone someone to death by df'ing.

What do you have to lose?

My life would be a total waste if devoted to a Steppford-like publishing company masquerading as "God's organization."

Don’t hook up with people whose total goal is to destroy the religious freedom of anyone, including Jehovah’s Witnesses.

If part of the WTS, one campaigns constantly, learning new ways to destroy others' religious faith and convictions in order to convert them to serving the WTS as god and having no freedom whatsoever in any area of their lives.

If you love me, you will drop this obsession. It is ruining our relationship!
    No, it isn't, even if it were an obsession. I consider it to be a healthy hobby and a humanitarian effort, while others choose to look upon their invasion of others' privacy as an inalienable right and not an obsession. The WTS ruins relationships, both within the families and within their borganization.
  • Sunspot
    Sunspot
    She also asks me to “drop this obsession” as it is “ruining our relationship!” Well I certainly wouldn’t call this little hobby of mine as an obsession.

Obsession...hmmm. I was told the same thing more than a few times as I race to the computer every morning (and several times throughout the day) to see what's up on some different forums! Some family members can't understand why I "let it eat at me" and that I should just put it in the past and move on. So....maybe I am obsessed...but who'se got a better right than former JWs who were duped by a printing company into believing that they were "God's ONLY chosen and approved" religion as we patterned our ENTIRE LIVES around this lie!

If it is ruining your relationship.....she sure takes a lot of liberties in the nosey busbody department! It takes a lot of nerve to go into personal files and whatever she decided to check out. THAT would damage ANY relationship, IMHO!

Maybe you could doctor up a few places FOR her to spy on while she's there....just to play with her already messed up head...LOL! Hell...she is USED TO being lied to anyway---her whole belief system IS a lie!

I have to wonder just how many times she has decided to invade "your area" and play junior spy? She should be more agitated knowing that she did something sneaky and dishonest rather than being upset with your written thoughts!

Sheesh!

Annie

• atypical
    atypical

Sorry to hear about this, Darth. It is amazing to me that the same exact mindset towards any type of independent thinking exists worldwide among witnesses.

I would print out what she typed and give it to her. I would politely point out a couple of things.

If you are so wrong, why does she bother?

Why doesn't she let God take care of your "wrong" views?

Don’t you think he can?

Ditto to her. Doesn't she think God knows what's on your computer? Does he need her to help him?

I would then tell her that she is right about trying to see the good in each other, agree that everybody should work on that, and then ask politely that she not snoop around your private stuff any more. I wouldn't even touch any "witness" issues, the matter of her rudeness is the real issue, and it would probably help your side to show that she, the witness, is the one who is out of line.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Darth, She's afraid of you.
    Have you ever read my story about what happened to me after I let my Witness parents have access to my children?
    The ONLY reason my parents maintained a relationship with me was to have access to my children. After my two sons were baptized, my parents AND my sons shunned me.

• skyman
    skyman

I loved your post, that is my life the one you posted today. It sounds so much like my mom and my mother in law. I hope she had a hard time sleeping.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Stillajwexelder,

I do not know whether to be angry on you behalf about privacy invasion - or laugh at her absurdity

Do what I did, get angry and then laugh it off. What else can you do right?

Thanks lisavegas420. I only hope that she read the entire document. I could easily see her not even reading it because she’s afraid that the real truth might slap her in the face.

You might want to add a little note of your own to that document that snooping around in your private affairs is not only rude, but none of her affair. Then don't say a thing about it.

After giving her enough time to find it, start pass wording stuff you don't want her to see.

You know Forsher, I thought about pass wording that document but I really don’t have anything to hide, besides my initial thought was to give it to her any way. Your rite, it’s a shame that I have to be concerned about who might be snooping around in my files in my own home.

No, it isn't, even if it were an obsession. I consider it to be a healthy hobby and a humanitarian effort, while others choose to look upon their invasion of others' privacy as an inalienable right and not an obsession. The WTS ruins relationships, both within the families and within their borganization.

Well said Frannie Banannie

Obsession...hmmm. I was told the same thing more than a few times as I race to the computer every morning (and several times throughout the day) to see what's up on some different forums! Some family members can't understand why I "let it eat at me" and that I should just put it in the past and move on. So....maybe I am obsessed...but who'se got a better right than former JWs who were duped by a printing company into believing that they were "God's ONLY chosen and approved" religion as we patterned our ENTIRE LIVES around this lie!

Sunspot, I do tend to spend a little more time on line than I should, but I would hardly call it an obsession. And the amount of time that I do spend is unknown by my mother so she has no rite to make such a claim without factual information to support it. Besides if you want to talk about obsession, the amount of time I spend researching JW's and posting on this forum pales in comparison to the amount of time active JW's, including my mother, spending serving their master the WBTS, right?

You also bring up an excellent point regarding my mother’s history of putting her nose where it doesn’t belong. When I was a kid I always had to worry about her going through my stuff and wondering what she would find objection to. It is totally unbelievable that as an adult I still have to be concerned with these same issues.

I would print out what she typed and give it to her.

Atypical, I think that this is my plan. I will type a carefully thought out answer to each and every one of her questions and give it to her while simultaneously forgiving her for her blatant disregard of my privacy.

Garybus, I have read your story some time ago and I am having difficulty recalling the specifics at this point in time. I’m sorry to hear about your children shunning you. I also agree with you. Your right, my mother is afraid of me. I represent every fear she’s ever had regarding independent thinking and stepping out of the society’s controlling dogma.

Skyman, I’m glad you enjoyed my story. That’s why I wanted to share it because I new many others would at least get a kick out of it.

Thanks for your comments everyone. I appreciate it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit