Hi from Perth, Western Australia

by Jon Evans 28 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi John, and welcome to the board

• juni
    juni

Heh Jon!

Welcome to the group. I believe you will enjoy visiting here. I live in Wisconsin USA so we're used to the snow and cold. December was terribly cold and snowy. So far, January has been very mild - mid to upper 30's - and now it is raining and thundering outside. Very wierd weather!! Juni~~~~~~~~~

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

There are a few here from downunder!

• delilah
    delilah
    Hello and welcome, Jon....Legolas, that's a funny pic you posted of Ayres Rock.
  • misspeaches
    misspeaches

Crikey!!! Another Aussie! LOL

Hi Jon, welcome to the board. I am from the eastern coast... Stinkin hot over here. we had 38 degrees the other day and I almost died. Thank goodness I had some coldies in the fridge! Today is a more pleasant 31 thank goodness.

I knew one gal who moved from my cong to get married to a guy in Perth. Perhaps you know them. It depends how long you've been out for. This was about 3-5 years ago I think...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day delilah,

Ooh, we're all PC now - it's Uluru !

BTW it used to be spelt Ayers Rock - just so's ya know! Here endeth the lesson. Cheers, Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

• wombat
    wombat

Hi Jon . ....I'm from Brisbane.

Mate, I heard on ABC radio from a caller that the sun on the Summer soltice appeared a bit south of Perth before it appeared in Cairns N.Q.

He said that this is caused by our planet's axis being on a tilt.

He also said that it could be proven by what he called, I think, a shadow map which is used by pilots.

He reckoned that he had won quite a few drinks from Easterners over this.

Have you heard of this?

Also -I just love W.A. beaches. Much sweeter than the overcrowded East coast ones.

Finally...I really like the way you left the J.Ws. I did the same over 30 years ago. I don't come to this site for information or healing. I come to it for amusement. In long distance hind-sight they are such a funny bunch. There's a thread here somewhere asking if the internet would destroy the WTS. It is really interesting.

Anyway, cheers. Wombat

• silentapostate
    silentapostate

Hello Jon,

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi Jon , I`m fro the SE coast of Victoria ,I got the "struth" in Melbourne when i was about 20 YO .

Yet I also lived in a Northern suburb of Brisbane for 37 years before moving down here.

I knew a couple who moved to perth to serve where the need was great in the 70`s I think R S was his initials ?

I have been free of the cult since ` 93

Welcome ,its a great site.

PS .My first cong. was Central ? then Metropolitan ? in Melb, and my last was in Redcliffe Qld.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit