When something non-existent does something.

by Schizm 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm

I was browsing around inside the 2004 Library and run across an article that said this: "Ever since its establishment in 1914, God's heavenly Kingdom has been gathering and organizing its subjects from peoples around the world." I hate to read things like that in the publications, for two reasons:

1) Because I know that the WTS is wrong in thinking the Kingdom has been established. 2) They are attributing something having been done to a Kingdom that doesn't exist yet.

For the WTS to credit God's Kingdom with having done such a thing, when the actual truth of the matter is that the Kingdom hasn't even been established yet, suggests that the writer of the article has quite an IMAGINATION! I've quoted the statement below, in context. -- Schizm.

August 1, 2004 Watchtower page 6

God’s Kingdom Government—A Reality Today

Subjects of God’s Kingdom Government

Ever since its establishment in 1914, God’s heavenly Kingdom has been gathering and organizing its subjects from peoples around the world. This is in fulfillment of a remarkable prophecy recorded by Isaiah: "It must occur in the final part of the days that the mountain of the house of Jehovah [his exalted true worship] will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, . . . and to it all the nations must stream." The prophecy shows that "many peoples" would go up to that mountain and embrace Jehovah’s instructions and laws.—Isaiah 2:2, 3.

This activity has resulted in the most significant movement of modern times—an international brotherhood of over 6,000,000 Christians in more than 230 lands of the earth. At international conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses, observers are often astounded to see the love, peace, and unity among the vast crowds of people, transcending barriers of nationality, culture, and language. (Acts 10:34, 35) Would you not agree that for a government to be able to bring hundreds of ethnic groups together in peace and harmony, it must be effective and stable—and real?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

In my opinion, it suggests that the writer works for a human Corporation that is only interested in making sure it keeps itself alive through funding from saps who believed the crap they published.

AuldSoul

• Schizm
    Schizm

Your comment is nonsensical, dude.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    "It must occur in the final part of the days that the mountain of the house of Jehovah [his exalted true worship] will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, . . . and to it all the nations must stream." The prophecy shows that "many peoples" would go up to that mountain and embrace Jehovah’s instructions and laws.—Isaiah 2:2, 3.

seems like the Mormons have a better claim to that scripture than the JWs .... at least their headquarters are located in the Rocky Mountains (Salt Lake City), and not in Brooklyn.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    "It must occur in the final part of the days that the mountain of the house of Jehovah [his exalted true worship Jehovah's Kingdom] will become firmly established above the top of the mountains [man's governments], ... and to it all the nations must stream." The prophecy shows that "many peoples" would go up to that mountain [Jehovah's Kingdom] and embrace Jehovah’s instructions and laws.—Isaiah 2:2, 3.

The "final part of the days" didn't start in 1914, nor has it started since that date. The WTS (in addition to a few other religions) has misinterpreted WW1 as fulfilling Jesus' prophecy recorded at Matthew 24:7. That prophecy hasn't undergone fulfillment to this very day. The WTS has also misinterpreted what the mountain and the mountains is, in the verse quoted. A different prophecy, in Revelation, explains what "mountains" represent:

"Here is where the intelligence that has wisdom comes in: The seven heads mean seven mountains, where the woman sits on top. And there are seven kings [governments that exercise Universal Rule]: five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet arrived.... -- Revelation 17:9, 10.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Simon: What causes the problem when trying to edit a post that includes a quote box? I've encountered this problem on several occasions when I quote something using the quote box. Trying to edit the post results in a screwed up format of the entire post. As you can see, in my post up above it took 5 attempts to get it right, and then it's still not quite right.

HELP!

• Schizm
    Schizm

These verses in Daniel 2 also show what a mountain means in prophecy:

34 You kept on looking until a stone was cut out not by hands, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and of molded clay and crushed them. 35 At that time the iron, the molded clay, the copper, the silver and the gold were, all together, crushed and became like the chaff from the summer threshing floor, and the wind carried them away so that no trace at all was found of them. And as for the stone that struck the image, it became a large mountain and filled the whole earth.

44 "And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; 45 forasmuch as you beheld that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and [that] it crushed the iron, the copper, the molded clay, the silver and the gold. The grand God himself has made known to the king what is to occur after this. And the dream is reliable, and the interpretation of it is trustworthy."

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

schizm,

Your comment is nonsensical, dude.

I think most people who read it understood it. I am not surprised that you didn't, but I will try again...

suggests that the writer of the article has quite an IMAGINATION!

To me it suggests more than just "quite and IMAGINATION!" It suggests that a human publishing Corporation has a vested interest in making its continued existence seem worthwhile, so that it can continue to bleed MONEY and inherit PROPERTY from the saps who believe the crap they publish, as well as BUY PROPERTY and DEVELOP PROPERTY—from the public at large—with donated funds for the purpose of resale. They employ creative and imaginative writers to assist them in this effort.

Was that more easily understandable?

AuldSoul

• greendawn
    greendawn

Auld Soul has made a great point. I also add that the JWs for all their bravado they are nothing but a small insignificant denomination, and others like the Mormons have done better in increasing their numbers but that doesn't mean they are moved by God's kingdom.

That non sense of the invisible prescence goes back to Barfour and his failed 1874 prophecies. The JWs utilised the same invalid excuse to cover their 1914 failure. The king came invisibly. What a convenient excuse! If they had read their gospel they would know the king never ceased to be invisibly present.

According to current JW understanding almost everything the JWs believed in 1919 was false. Yet a returning Christ chose them as his people.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Neither one of you have dealt directly with the topic. You've merely entered this thread so as to exploit it in order to spew your hatred for the WTS.

You don't want to hear my opinion of those who practice doing what you've done here.

If you can't handle the topic, then you should not have entered this thread. Only assholes would do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit