Isn't It Eye Opening When You Realize How STUPID This Religion Is?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The meetings and publications are somewhat constant. "Do more". "Exert yourself". "Stay away from the internet". "Never miss a meeting". "Have a regular family study"......etc.....Imagine sitting thru the meetings NOW and trying to keep a straight face and keep your eyes from rolling in your head!

• xjwms
    xjwms

GOOD POINT

I would be rolling my eyes big time

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I think it would be pretty close to torture!!!

Thinking of it, I can feel my gag reflexes kicking in

• greendawn
    greendawn

I would sit there and smile knowingly and a little surprised that nearly 20 years after I left the JWs nothing has changed in the way they deal with the R&F, they are still assets to be exploited. The WTS still expects to get a lot from its members and give nothing real in return. Only words and promises.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It all hinged on a single premise, "The Watchtower is the One True Religion and is giving me what I need"

As long as we believed that, we were good to go. As soon as you slip that out of your head, the rest just tumbles into obvious lunacy.

Amazing, isn't it? One stupid premise, wholly unsupported. Yet it carried me for 20 years.

Yes, min, eye opening in the extreme.

Dave

• JH
    JH

Minimus, I think both you and I hate the same things.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, Min. Eye opening and embarassing.

"The Watchtower is the One True Religion and is giving me what I need"

That's what keeps it going.

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

I haven't left yet ( all my friends and family are witness), so i do sit there and roll my eyes. It takes a lot of self control. I can't believe that i ever believed this.

• metatron
    metatron

OK, everybody!

Get in front of a mirror and repeat after me,

"What was I thinking?"

metatron

• shark attack
    shark attack

I MISSED THAT MOMENT I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS STUPID FROM 5YEARS OLD.(TRAPED) I HELL TILL I WAS 16.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit