Anybody answered personal adds from dating services?

by codeblue 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• codeblue
    codeblue

hey.......I am not worried about any body hi-jacking a thread......

The natural progression of this thread somehow led to champagne...

and I wanted everyone to know of my personal favorite: Gloria Ferrar....which btw, I posted on my New Year's Thread as well..

Cheers!!!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The natural progression of this thread somehow led to champagne...

I wish some of the other threads could lead us in that direction. Cheers!

Rub a Dub

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I met my life partner post cult exit 2003 at the YMCA there were more woman than men at the Bangor Maine YMCA nice neat place to meet a mate

• codeblue
    codeblue

Congrats Danny!!! Do you and your mate still go to the YMCA?

Hey...life is suppose to be fun........if we get all mad about posting about champagne on a non champagne thread......geez.....what a rotten day that would be..

Cheers!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I never get mad about my threads wandering. I like to see where they go. Do people really get upset over such things?

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I too dated a shorter than me guy. But he was very handsome and had a really great personality. Well I had also been going out with my hubby to be.

They both asked me to marry them and I didn't know which one I wanted. Hubby (to be) was tall had a great build as he was in construction..a great tan..and beautiful white teeth with a beautiful smile. But his family was JW ,he liked country and I liked Rock and roll..we had nothing in common. But I was attracted to him.

Well I couldn't make up my mind so one night I had a dream that I was kissing my husband. I had to reach up to kiss him and when I woke up I knew which one I would marry..

But I often wondered about the other guy..he moved to California and I never heard from him again.

I wonder if he turned out to be a JW..

Snoozy...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Andy is a foot taller than me and we hold hands all the time. For some reason though, it just seems weird for a guy to be shorter than us girls. I have not dated anyone shorter than me, but that's obvious.

• memyselfndi
    memyselfndi

I met my recent husband online thru yahoo personals (when it was free to join) about 6 years ago. I've found a great husband, after being married 23 years to a bi-polar, moody, adulterous JW for 23 years, I finally kicked him out, got a divorce and was much better for having done so. My current husband was raised a Catholic and is very honest (almost to a fault) honorable, has good morals and values and work ethics, which of course kinda shocked me I love him very much. He is not a practicing Catholic and I'm not a practicing JW, in fact he told his Mom I was a recovering JW.....we believe in God of course but do not push any of our past teachings on each other. If he had been a church going, catholic I couldn't have done it, because even though I don't agree with all the JW's teachings, I certainly don't agree with the Catholic religion. We will sometimes have bible discussions based on things we see on the news, etc, but nothing heated and for him it comes down to 'anyone's interpretation' of the bible.

I'm very happy in our marriage, but sometimes I wonder what our common goal for the future is and feel sad because it's like I'm in a spiritual limbo. I haven't gone to the meetings for over 15 years, my family our all JW's and I still get the occasional please come back 'we love you and don't want you to lose your life' sermon. I told my Mom a few years after my divorce that I would never marry another JW, to get her prepared.

Now after having said that don't give up on internet meeting/dating. I met alot of nice guys, a few flakes and a few liars, but I could have met those types anywhere (including the kingdom hall) You just have to have common sense and not do anything 'desperate' to find someone. Take your time and seriously talk and get to know these people, above all be honest, even if you don't find anyone to get serious about immediately, you can still meet some nice people that turn into friends. I know my husband and I are in an older group of online dates (45-52yrs) that might make a difference, people in that age group are tired of the 'games' people play and are probably more up front with relationships.

Good hunting!

ps---oh, I did do alot of praying on the matter, not wanting to spend the rest of my life alone. Sometimes I think God threw poor Bill at me, just to get me to shut up

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well i have seen a few about guys bragging how they drive Porshces/Ferraris/Corvettes

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

well i have seen a few about guys bragging how they drive Porshces/Ferraris/Corvettes

But I ask you, Stilla, do they lie about their weight? Are they secretly slobs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit