Anybody answered personal adds from dating services?

by codeblue 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• heathen
    heathen

Yah , I admit I'm after the super model types . HE HE I like women that take care of themselves , put down the bag of potato chips go for some exericise . It's like the money thing for most women , they are all looking for guys with money . Can you help it's just what you want ? They are more fun because they will pay for everything no matter how exotic .

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It is my preference just like the man your with, it was probably his preference. Nothing wrong in that is there ? So why is it so wrong for my preference to be attracted to a thin woman ? Talk about being judgemental here.

Old Flame, Andy doesn't have a preference for zaftig women. He's had girlfriends of varying sizes. He says that beauty doesn't come in one size.

You are turned on by what you are, Oldflame, nothing wrong with that, it's not something you can help I suppose. I didn't say you said fat people are bad. Please reread what I did say. And no, I don't feel guilty about not being super thin. Why would I? I don't have any desire to be super thin.

I told you why I highlighted your comment. Please go back and read it again. I've actually come to realize that men who are superficial in their preferences, whether it be for hair color, eye color, height, etc. are not as plentiful as I originally thought. I actually have heard more of it here on JWD than elsewhere. Maybe it's an exJW problem. We all thought perfection was the thing to strive for and the ideal. We thought we'd get it someday.

Rubadub, that's cute. Naming folds. I like you more everyday. You'll even make sure the champagne's expensive.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Of course you need to personally find the person you are with attractive. I don't find every man I meet attractive, in fact it is quite rare that a man makes me say, "Wow!" But I find a variety of men attractive. Personality is what is most important to me. I find more attractive personalities than technical good looks. And when I like the personality, it doesn't matter if the guy is gorgeous to anyone else, he'll still be attractive to me.

Cheezy, with Andy and me, it's the opposite. He's 6'2" and I'm a foot shorter!

they are all looking for guys with money . Can you help it's just what you want ? They are more fun because they will pay for everything no matter how exotic .

Not all. I left a JW husband who made plenty. Trust me, having less money and being happy is superior to the money, house, cars and vacations, etc. Even then, I never cared about having diamonds and expensive anything. I shopped garage sales and thrift shops most of the time. I'd rather save money.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Rubadub, that's cute. Naming folds. I like you more everyday. You'll even make sure the champagne's expensive.

Flying, for you and Andy, we will bring out a bottle or two of Moet. You'll think the jets in the jacuzzi are already on!

Otherwise, we tend to stick with the Spanish and California champagnes (ok, ok, they are sparkling wines technically). Cordorniu probably being our favorite. Mrs. Rub a Dub likes the dry, I prefer the Brut. At around $10 a bottle on sale, personally I think that is one of the excellent valuess out there.

But then, special occasions ( wink, wink) do require special champagnes!!!

Hugs to Flying and Andy

Rug a Dub

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Hugs to Flying and Andy

Rug a Dub

Hugs to you, too! I've just noticed that the more expensive a champagne or sparkling wine is, the better it makes you feel. And faster! Doesn't have to be very expensive, just not cheap.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Gloria Ferrar Champagnes are excellent and are on sale now for about $18.00 a bottle.

NOdenial and I toured the Gloria Ferrar Champagnery in Sonoma Valley several times......

...go try it

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Gloria Ferrar Champagnery in Sonoma Valley several times......

...go try it

I wonder if they sell that all the way over here.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Flyinghigh: I get mine at "Safeway"....or other grocery stores.

However in Michigan, do you have to go to liquor stores to get it????

• ballistic
    ballistic

I thought it was my job to hi-jack threads!!!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Doesn't have to be very expensive, just not cheap.
    Flying, very true. There are just so many good wines and champagnes (sparkling) out there in the 8 to 20 dollar range that paying much more is... well ... like anything else. We may have a special favorite for a speical occasion, but for regular consumption, most of us can find very good quality products in that price range.

Codeblue. Yes, very true. Like I just stated, there are so many good bottles out there under 20 dollars!

By the way, I hope we haven't hijacked this thread !!! (Flying and I just had a GREAT discussion about where to have good champagne yesterday, sorry).

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit