2005 JWD Annual Report

by seattleniceguy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

SNG,

I'm sure you're right but I think Joker could point to record numbers of baptisms has showing the opposite?

Ozzie (fly in the ointment class)

• fairchild
    fairchild

thank you kindly for putting the yearbook together, brother SNG

• kazar
    kazar

I'm happy to see the increase. Thanks. When I see JW's working the neighborhoods I think "there but for the JWD go I."

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

How about some breif highlights/personal experiences for the year. I'm sure there is something we can contribute that happened in our lives this year that is directly related to JWD. Here's mine:

• Discovered JWD and my entire belief system crumbled. Got back on my feet again in record time.
    • Found an old friend from years ago BlissIsIgnorance on the board and reunited. A great friendship has formed again.
    • Attended the CannyFest/Apostafest and met more people from JWD
  • metatron
    metatron

Here's another aspect of this forum to consider: the confidential information that's flowing out of the organization. I marvel at the

recent elder school notes - in detail! I rejoice in seeing confidential letters released here before any congregation has them read.

I enjoy the exposure of Watchtower asset sales as they try to keep ahead of their cash flow issues.

SOMEBODY is leaking this stuff! And it's great!

metatron (keep up the good work!)

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Here's another aspect of this forum to consider: the confidential information that's flowing out of the organization. I marvel at the

recent elder school notes - in detail! I rejoice in seeing confidential letters released here before any congregation has them read.

I enjoy the exposure of Watchtower asset sales as they try to keep ahead of their cash flow issues.

SOMEBODY is leaking this stuff! And it's great!

Mt thoguhts exactly! This is why I have been reading this forum for many years. It was the marvelous information that you couldn't get anywhere else. I'm so glad I decided to join in the fun. I was "inactive" here for years. The numbers are great no mater what variables there may be. Exposure is good no matter how brief.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hi Ozzie,
    >> I'm sure you're right but I think Joker could point to record numbers of baptisms has showing the opposite?
    I think there is a qualitative difference. For Witnesses, the big number is the number of active members. Record baptisms with no substantial increase in membership means they aren't keeping people in. Even if you make the argument that baptism numbers and publisher numbers are slightly decoupled, it still means they are losing folks somewhere along the pipeline. For an organization like the JWs, the number that turns their world is total membership.
    Total membership at JWD doesn't really matter. We don't have the goal of "keeping people in." We don't need membership to fund publishing activities. A decrease in active members doesn't mean anything bad for us. Our goal is to facilitate physical and mental escape. When a person is finished with the board, that's great! More power to them, and many happy trails! The only significant number to us is new membership, since it correlates at least roughly with people leaving the organization and/or attaining mental freedom.
    Of course, statistics can and will always be spun. But at some point it becomes unreasonable. Let's say current trends continue and next year there is actually worldwide negative net growth. You can talk about record baptisms all you want, but at that point it will be clear that people are leaving the organization in droves. In fact, at that point, record baptism numbers would, ironically, serve to emphasize just how many people are leaving to still end up with a net loss.
    SNG

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

SNG:

Oh, you Merry Cans!

I'm sure you're right but I think Joker could point to record numbers of baptisms has showing the opposite?

You should have addressed that to Joker!

Ozzie (permanently upside-down and misunderstood class)

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL...Ozzie, I knew you agreed with me. I was just replying to the potential objection that you pointed out. I'm a bit tired today so my clever-writing circuits aren't firing correctly. :) (I know, I know, here it comes: "What, you mean they normally are?")
    SNG, of the "feels very boring today" class

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(just kidding, SNG)

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit