So were any bible prophecies true?

by cheeseman 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Golf,

Do you doubt those words were written at a time when women experienced painful deliveries and were subject to men; when men had to work hard in the fields; when people used to die?

If not, how is this a prophecy, other than in the fictitious setting of a primeval story meant to explain why/how the extant reality came about?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Yes,

"In the beginning"

That prophesied the beginning of a long drawn out and of often conflicting story.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Golf, Narkissos has already made the point. Certainly you can see the wisdom of asking when something was written when determining whether the writer had supernatural powers.

• Golf
    Golf

Simple, if I told you not to touch the stove because you'll get burned, and if you do, then who's fault?

How many parents tell their children 'not' to do certain things because it is harmful to them? How many?

Is there any time in your life that you told someone 'not' to do anything, why?

My point being is that those experiences do take place and there's is nothing you can do about 'except' deny or refute it. My friend, you and I are going to die whether we believe it not.

OK, that text was written on April fools day, 2045AD.

Golf

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Do you want your kids to not touch the stove, because they are scared of what you will do them if they do? Or do you want them to obey you, because they have faith that you are telling them not to, to protect them, rather than keeping something good from them? the whip only works when you are standing over them, but faith in you will protect them always. Will it not?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Golf, you started the sentance 'If'. Therefore, it is not prophecy, but a conditional statement.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit