Alot of Questions regarding Jehovah God.

by Geetarfreek! 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Geetarfreek!
    Geetarfreek!

Hey, I'm new here and have alot of questions I would appreciate being answered.

1. Does God have anything against JW's playing Guitar?

2. I f I have a family member of friend that I care dearly for but they don't believe in Jehovah God then surely I won't see them again after Armageddon day. Therefore how can we live in paradise if we aren't there with all the people we dearly love?

Thanks guys.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

God doesn't but the Watchtower society would discourage it. It takes up time that "could be better spent in theocraticâ„¢ pursuits".

2. I f I have a family member of friend that I care dearly for but they don't believe in Jehovah God then surely I won't see them again after Armageddon day. Therefore how can we live in paradise if we aren't there with all the people we dearly love?

The Watchtower Society, by making such claims, is in effect pronouncing judgement on people. Are they presuming to have more authority than God?

Welcome to the board!

W

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Geetarfreek!

WELCOME!!

No, as long as you do not play heavy metal music, join a band, enjoy sex and drugs along with your rock and roll, modify Kingdom Songs, or play Kingdom Songs at the Kingdom Hall on your guitar. All Kingdom Songs are to be heard identically throughout the world, because God is not a God of disorder, but of anal-retentiveness.

I am kidding about that last. God is really cool. He's a God of peace. The Governing Body are anal-retentive in His name.

Paradise doesn't refer to the earth. That is a warped JW belief that isn't true. Whether the earth remains or not, "paradise" and "earth" are never mixed in the Bible. The worst part of their beliefs is they portray God as a vindictive ogre. You're His little sheep unless you piss Him off then you are dead to Him. Literally. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I like you. Stick around. I think you will have fun here.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• cab1000
    cab1000

Hello and welcome,

I'll take the first question:

1. JW's can play guitar, as long as the music is appropriate, and you do not spend so much time practicing that you miss time studying, preaching or going to the meetings.

~cab

• anewme
    anewme

Geetarfreek, there is nothing wrong in playing the guitar...or any other musical intstrument.
    And having a wonderful hobby is a wonderful way to spend alone hours. After you have mastered it somewhat it is a source of enjoyment to others as well. Music is a gift to man from God! Everyone enjoys tapping their toes to music. It lifts the spirits and makes us happy! There are numerous references in the Bible to music and its effects on the heart of man.

If you have been cautioned about the guitar playing Im sure it is only in connection with Rock and Roll.
    Rock and roll is associated with sex and drugs and of course no godly person would encourage anyone to join in a group that promotes ungodly conduct.

The guitar like all instruments can be used to bring praise and honor to Jehovah God and bring happiness to the heart of man.

Also about the paradise and who will be there or who will not is certainly no ones privy.
    I say dont worry about it too much. God is very merciful and kind. You can trust that.
    If he wants someone there, it doesnt matter what anybody else thinks.
    Many here believe God is way more merciful than the WBTS states.
    Dont worry about others too much. Make sure you yourself are a godly person first. Your words and example will draw your friends to God and you will have these people you love so much with you forever!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What about Christian Rock and Roll? Is that bad too?

Me and my kids like Switchfoot - they get a lot of play on Radio Disney.

• sixsixsixtynine
  • googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

omg, that's the worst.

and i'm sure satan plays his licks a hell of a lot better than god. god only plays harp.

• daystar
    daystar

mrsjones

Yes, horrible. All of it!

• Geetarfreek!
    Geetarfreek!

Thanks for replying guys and girls. I was afraid someone would mention Heavy Metal Music. I like quite heavy bands for the Guitar playing and enjoy listening to it. Does that mean God will punish me for this?

Also does God say we must go to JW meetings? I'm 17 and like showing my love for God in my own ways, is this OK with God?

Also when people say the phrase "Oh My God", does God take offence at this?

Thanks again people.

Greg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit