THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Refresh the thread a few times and watch what happens.
    It does not increment when the same person views the thread multiple times. However, I don't know any details about the logic implementation, and I've seen evidence that it sometimes gets fooled. So there is a possibility that it could be incorrect. But I think it's probably in the correct ballpark.
    SNG

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

A question about the amount of times this thread has been viewed...

If I MYSELF view this thread 20 times, does it count as 20 or 1?

On this thread somewhere ( I think twice) one of our more astute posters (can't remember who) pointed out that views and viewers is different. So answer is 20.

B

• JH
    JH

If I MYSELF view this thread 20 times, does it count as 20 or 1?

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

I defer to SNG

B

• JH
    JH
    It does not increment when the same person views the thread multiple times.

Once in a determined time, the views add up all of a sudden.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I would think that if you viewed this post 20 times, it would count as 20 hits.

So, there have not been 49,000 seperate viewers. BUT, still a hell of a lot.

S4

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

I've refreshed it 10 times now and I still have the same number of views. I'm thinking the answer is "1". If ebay can count individual computers, why can't this site? I'm being hopefull that individuals are counting as one. WOO-HOO! OH YEAH, GO BARBARA!!!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I know the page view algorithm on the sites I have managed always have a way to trim it closer than individual clicks to the page. Usually through an IP and click formula, or an IP and click within time frame formula. Some sites only track individual IPs that clicked onto a page, which still wouldn't account accurately for work, home, possibly cell phone Internet, etc. but would be nearer to the apparent page views.

Maybe a forum assistant knows the method used on this site.

AuldSoul

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome Ianua!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"A question about the amount of times this thread has been viewed...

If I MYSELF view this thread 20 times, does it count as 20 or 1?"

Its a simple matter of proper English.
    It says "Viewed: 4x,xxx times," not "4x,xxx Viewers".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit