THE NEWS IS BIGGER THAN DATELINE, BBC, CBC, ETC.

by AndersonsInfo 1093 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Why are we the most honest people on earth! And all employers are eagerly seeking to find employees as honest as JW's...... but we need 2 brothers watching over each other to collect the money after the meeting is over?

If we are the most honest people on earth, then we don't need to watch over each other?

• Gerard
    Gerard
    p.s. misappropriation of funds isn't it... >Jourles.

I think the most damaging thing to the WT was to be cought in an illegal scheme. If it is not money then, it means it is something internal, and therefore nearely irrelevant to the world and the courts. The WT will metamorphose -again-, shed its old skin -again- create "new light' -again- and keep on feeding from the unsuspecting.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Why are we the most honest people on earth! And all employers are eagerly seeking to find employees as honest as JW's...... but we need 2 brothers watching over each other to collect the money after the meeting is over? If we are the most honest people on earth, then we don't need to watch over each other? And we do not need locks and keys on bedroom doors at Bethel

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The problem is whatever it is a large percentage of the JW have been conditioned to believe that if it is against their beloved WT society it is all lies and persecution. The WT doctrine teaches that in the final days the Organization will be unfairly attacked. The WT covers their bases a lot with this teaching--"WE're being attacked by Satan and his demons-- remain faithful to the Org no matter what and you will be rewarded in the end" Listen and obey our voice only...

cybs

• gumby
    gumby
    The WT will metamorphose -again-, ....... and keep on feeding from the unsuspecting.

That's the one thing that's a bit discouraging. The Catholics have gotten by with murder for centuries and they are STILL around and doing well. Will this be any different? The average witness has been in 10 years or less and knows little of the Organisations bad history.If they can skate by this for awhile, the new breed won't have a clue. Hopefully I'm wrong and they will fall before they can recover since their funds are not what the Catholics have.

Gumby

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wow this thread had over 14,500 views - everyone is waiting with baited breath - this is incredible - I hope it is good

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

This thread is like crack, I swear. I just can't help but check it every half hour or so.

I think it is amusing that there are SO MANY ideas as to what the Big News could be.

The org has done SO MANY different bad things that could bring it down! I can't believe they are still standing as it is!

The trouble is that these bad things are not known by the rank and file.

I guess it doesn't matter so much what the Big News is. What matters is if it gets on the cover to Time! It matters if it becomes KNOWN to the rank and file.

I, for one, am ready to spead the WORD!

• wednesday
    wednesday
    That's the one thing that's a bit discouraging. The Catholics have gotten by with murder for centuries and they are STILL around and doing well.

Well Gumby , that proves they are God's org. . Now that is JW logic.

weds

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This thread is like crack, I swear. I just can't help but check it every half hour or so.

When the news is released I am sure Barbara will start a fresh thread

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

hhhmmmm money money money...

November 1st 2005 Watchtower;

page 26; "Contributions that warm God's Heart" there is a picture of a little girl reaching up to deposit her money into the contribution box. blah blah blah blah.....page 27 they proudly print "PUBLISHING" Books:47,490,247 Booklets: 6,834,740 and on down the line to videos...blah blah blah.. "CUNSTRUCTION" Kingdom Halls 2,180 ..blah blah blah "DISASTER RELIEF" in these last days, disasters often srtike without warning blah blah blah...Many of Jehovah's Witnesses make extra contributions so that their brothers in stricken areas can be helped. As a reminder, contributions for disaster relief are adminstered as part of the worldwide work. Following are some of the places where Jehovah's Witnesses have helped disaster victims: (ok get this) Africa....Asia...Caribbean region....Islands of the Pacific ....(WHERE'S THE MONEY? what happened to Katrina victims donations?)

Ok boys and girls here's the FUN part! On page 28 is a detailed explanation of how you too can contribute; #1contribution boxes, #2 Conditional-donation trust arrangments #3 Charitable planning: A Insurance policies with "The Watchtower" as beneficiary, B Bank Accounts: Bank accounts certificates of deposit, or individual retirment accounts may be placed in trust for or made payable on DEATH to Watch Tower, in accord with local bank requirments. #4 Stocks and Bonds may be donated to Watch Tower as an outright gift. #5 Real Estate Salable Real Estate may be donated (with further instructions) #6 Gift Annuity (this one is fascinating) " a gift annuity is an arrangment whereby one transfers money or securities to a designated corporation that is used by Jehovah's Witnesses. " etc etc hhmmmmmmmm #7 Wills and Trusts; Property ot money may be bequethed to Watch Tower by means of a legally executed will, or Watch Tower may be named as beneficiary of a trust agreement. A trust benefiting a religious organization may provide certain tax advantages. Page 30; As the term "charitable planning" implies, these types of donations typicaly require some planning blah blah blah Charitable Planning Office Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society

They have supposed letters from children giving their money to the Charitable planning office. Only problem is, THERE IS NO CHARITY! soooooooooooo do these guys have hair on their a** or what! Do they think noone is watching. And they had me convinced passing the plate Sunday morning was a MORTAL SIN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit