Movies that make me cry

by Lady Lee 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Of all the movies or shows you've mentionned

• Extreme Home Makeover - I cry
    • Gone With The Wind - "I'll never be hungry again" - been a long time since I saw it so I don't remember
    • Mask - yup pass the tissues
    • I am Sam - I just love with Dakota Fanning - one awesome little actress - and yes I cried
    • Shawshank Redemption - yup
    • Gump - I have it here but I'll have to go buy more kleenex before I watch it
    • Awakenings - another crier for me
    • Beaches - I also have the sound track - even that makes me cry

Thanks for joining me in normalcy

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Charlotte's web.

Dumbo.

The poor momma elephant trying to reach out with her trunk to the baby dumbo

bambi

• defd
    defd

I am Sam made me tear up.

D.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

A couple of movies that I can think of off the top of my head that made me cry were:

Ordinary People

The Notebook

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My boyfriend actually cries more than me when watching movies. But I always cry in the last scene of Titanic (even if I haven't watched it in years), and sometimes in the last scene of Somewhere in Time (similar endings too!).

• caligirl
    caligirl

Beaches, Top Gun, Thelma & Louise

And on the weird side, Edward Scissorhands (No, I am NOT kidding) I only watched it once at the theater, and it had such an emotional effect that I refuse to watch it again.

Same with Titanic- even though the storyline was fictional, it was just an emotional wringer.

That's all I can think of for now, but I am sure there are more.

I really prefer to laugh at movies than cry, so I don't watch that many Dramas.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

lol... basically every single movie in the world... lol... ARMAGGEDON, THE GREEN MILE, BAMBI, I AM SAM, omg, im such a baby... movies make me cry all the time... A WALK TO REMEMBER...

the infamous one

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

The King and I - I'm always sobbing by the end

The Notebook

Titanic Terms of Endearment

There are more but that's all I can think of offhand.

GGG

• codeblue
    codeblue

1. The Joy Luck Club

2. The Notebook (cried a whole box of kleenexes from that movie)

3. The Five People You Meet In Heaven

4. The Color Purple

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I can't think of a list right now. But:

I have been under huge stresses this year. And I had to be the strong one for a lot of people. And each time major things get solved, another one or three comes along to replace. So the other day I was feeling like I needed to have a good, stress relieving cry. I watched the end of Mona Lisa Smiles, a movie I had seen at the theater on its release. Over the credits they play a very melancholy version of the song Smile by Barbra Striesand. You know the song: Smile, though your heart is breaking....

I heard that much of it and I was in tears. Huge, soak your face and shirt tears. The sweetest thing was that my four year old grandson tried to comfort me. He wiped my eyes and told me he was wiping away all the cries and that I would be okay because he loved me. I told him that sometimes it's a good thing to cry and that it helps someone to feel better. The little sweety pie/monster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit