Hatred of the Police

by Sam the Man 55 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I think the problem here is that we are discussing policing in all countries. I am sure that coppers are of some use in America, and I am sure they are completely useless in a place like Mexico. Here, let me tell you, they are about as much use as a nun in a brothel.

I think it would be more balanced to say some are as much use as a nun in a brothel?

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I've had several dealings with police - both law enforcement and civilian members - and my observation has been thus:

When I've needed help, I've been let down. When I've expected to be given a dressing down, or arrested, I've been dealt with compassionately. When I've expected and deserved leniency, I've been dealt with harshly.

I have a few friends that are policemen / policewomen, and when talking to them about my frustrations with the Police force, find that they usually have the same frustrations as me. I also think newly graduated officers should be made to partner more senior police or have station jobs for a year, just to get them out of the 'marking my territory' phase that usually accompanies graduation.

One thing is for sure - Love them or Hate them - we REALLY need them !

Gotta say I'm disappointed to see this thread turning towards a slanging match Sam.....

Bull!

• Ellie
    Ellie

I can see your point of view Bull, there are that many 'dos and don'ts' and an officer only has to look at a suspect the wrong way to be hung, drawn and quartered by the pc brigade.

A probationary officer will be partnered up with a tutor but needs to get out of the office and get involved in every aspect in order to learn the job.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Coppers are one thing, but Traffic cops are a bigger waste of space. Even the most sympathetic towards the police should be forced to admit that these people are slime, the scum of the earth. And then you get these speeding coppers completely let off the hook for speeding 3 times the limit and the everyday nobody gets three points and a fine for going a few mph over. Anybody in denial of the fact that these people are scum, watch traffic cops if you are in the UK it will all become clear.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I think the law is at fault to be honest when it comes to traffic crimes; the police merely enforce it! Why shoot the messenger?

DB74

• bull01lay
    bull01lay
    A probationary officer will be partnered up with a tutor but needs to get out of the office and get involved in every aspect in order to learn the job.

My local experience of this is that they have been left to thier own devices, and so have been 'cleaning up the town' with the enthusiasm of a crusader !! I worked at a busy little retail unit where the street was all double yellows - I parked outside to load up ready to go to a job, but got busy serving an indecisive customer. When I got outside, lil' hitler was there, cocking her leg up on my wheels !!

I guess I still haven't got over my parking ticket! Lol !

Bull!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Is it justified?

Yes, when it comes to my brother in law.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I take it your brother in law is a police officer and you don't get along, what a great reason to say it is justified to hate the police.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Its not a question of shooting the messenger, I have no problem with laws, only with those who enforce it. You should see the pure arrogance of the filth on traffic cops, they make me sick. Obviously bullied at school.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Its not a question of shooting the messenger, I have no problem with laws, only with those who enforce it.

So how could this be remedied?

Db74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit