Something I want to tell you apostates

by LeftBehind 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

"He was influenced by a former Bethelite turned apostate.. All I know is that until my brother got mixed up with apostates our whole family was serving Jehovah. Apostates and my brother made it out to be this huge deal He's proud of the fact that he's an apostate.. I guess not all of you consider yourselves apostates."

You seem to be really focused on negative labeling. This won’t help you with your brother, by the way. Not sure if you need this negative reinforcing because you’re insecure, or you’re just angry and you want to get "even"? Maybe you’re secretly questioning your faith, and you feel that using the "apostate" phrase keep’s you safe? Don’t know. I just think you’re just pissed, and saying the word apostate over and over makes you feel better. You better get past that.

If you’re really interested in maintaining a working relationship with your brother, I would suggest you leave these kinds of knee jerk expressions out of your conversations with him, if you haven’t already done so. People who are recently out of the Watchtower Society are typically hurt and alienated by such expressions. Of course, those of us that are seasoned see it as weakness and we think its kinda funny. Just so that you know, mainstream Christianity considers those who have fallen away from the true faith (ala the Watchtower Society, LDS, etc.) to be the apostates. Kinda depends on your perspective, eh? Personally I could care less. It’s all a bunch of religious mumbo-jumbo anyway. What’s important is family, not religious fervor. Too many families have been torn asunder by people’s so called dedication to their "faith". I can tell you, that as one who has been involved over the years with literally hundreds of broken and destroyed families (including my own) regarding the Watchtower Society (and it’s shunning ‘policy’), that it is the JW who turns his back on his loved one, not the other way around. Of course, the JW doesn’t want to accept his responsibility in this matter and therefore blames family break-up on the one who decides to leave the group. I suppose there are those who have left the Watchtower Society and who have become so disenchanted with it that they may have cut themselves off from everyone that was associated with their former faith system, but that hasn’t been my experience. You want to keep your relationship with your brother? Then swallow your religious pride and love him despite that he may not share your particular faith and belief system. Respect his choice and his path that he has chosen. Anything else, is just so much bullshit.

What’s more important to you, your brother or the Watchtower Society? You decide. It's YOUR choice.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Can I hear an "AMEN" !

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

There is no way I can read all this stuff in the time alloted on the library computer. I am not comfortable coming to this website in my home but I will print it off and look at the UN issue and 607 here at the library. It will take a while but I will make my comments on it after I have researched this in more depth.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

LeftBehind -

Welcome back! Happy reading!

GGG

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    I am not comfortable coming to this website in my home

I hope you can get past this one, I promise we won't let the evil sprits come through and get you.

There is a lot of information here, if you have an open mind and truly consider what you read, you will be going for months. Maybe you can see how it can be said that just because something doesn't fit into the mold of what you were taught doesn't mean it is a lie. The TRUTH stands on it's own and doesn't require quarantining those who beleive it in order to "protect" them.

Wishing you well on your new journey,

WLG

• These3Words
    These3Words

LeftBehind, I pray for you!

I don't need your or any other humans aproval. God is my witness and my judge.he is also my Father as well as yours! he loves me as much as he loves you no matter what ORG I'm in or not In. You are tampering with someones free will, and that is dangerous taritory.God does not even control that.

Agape

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I am not comfortable coming to this website in my home but I will print it off and look at the UN issue and 607 here at the library.

Unfortunatley, Rohrix...this says volumes. The very fact that a person cannot "be comfortable" in their own home to do further research on matters that apply to your basic faith concepts....is one of the signs that you belong to a VERY controlling and manipulative religion! The bible itself tells us to "KEEP MAKING SURE OF THE IMPORTANT THINGS"....and don't you think that getting to the bottom of the hidden dealings of the Watchtower would BE "important things"?

The WTS is running SCARED of the internet and ALL it contains about them. THIS is THE main reason that they come out and say that going on the 'net will damage your faith. They are absolutely right----it WILL "ruin your faith"----but not in God---but in the Watchtower Society! The longer time goes on--the more things about them are being discovered and they are hip-deep in lies and filth at this point.

For example----they have lied about that "library card" , an excuse they conjured up as an afterthought when they were caught red-handed and were prostituting themselves every bit as much as the churches they sneered at for so many years......worse in fact.....because they CLAIMED to be so pure and innocent when doing exactly the same things as those they vilified. That is hypocrisy---and the WTS is loaded with hypocrites. Preach one thing and do another. They are disgusting.

They have forced you to "hide" looking up things to "make sure" that they are all they CLAIM to be, making you feel like a criminal or worse---in YOUR home. Can't you SEE what they are doing to you and every other JW? This is NOT Christlike and they have been getting away with this behavior for YEARS, claiming to be the "only true religion".......which is total nonsense.

I won't go into the reason they started the "you can't speak to or associate with former JWs", other than to say that this too, is to keep those who HAVE DISCOVERED WHAT LIARS AND DECEIVERS THEY ARE.....from telling the other JWs just what is actually going on. They care NOTHING about the sheep and getting them back by shunning them is another method of controlling who you can talk to and who you can't.

You are putting your faith and trust in me who don't desrve your faith and trust!!! Their history ids FULL of mistakes, outright lies and false prophecies. Take a long look at Psalm 146:3 and see what the bible says about putting your trust in men to whom NO salvation belongs! I hope you will take heart and see just what you are mixed up with....it ain't pretty.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit