Something I want to tell you apostates

by LeftBehind 136 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

LeftBehind

A couple of the posters talked about the UN. I know all about that. They joined for a library card.

If that is all you've been told, you should look into it. Yes, they joined for access to the library. Ok. But that is not really at issue here. What is at issue is what they had to agree to in order to gain that access.

They had to agree that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society shares the principles of the UN charter. That is what is at issue here.

Look at the links that have been provided.

Another thing a JW might say is that the UN changed its requirements for this after they had already joined as an NGO. This is patently a lie and has been addressed as well.

• sf
    sf
    I only post from the public library so I will not be able to get back online until tomorrow.

Is this a threat, warning or prophesy?

If you DO come back, you are doing what you are hypocritically chastising your brother for...associating with apostates. Like I said above, which it doesn't appear you read, get to googlin' fool!

Hurry back!

sKally

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    They joined for a library card. It's as simple as that.

Yes, a "simple" act of hypocrisy. I well remember the many times the churches of "Christendom" were slagged off from the platform for being NGO'S affiliated to the UN. That was in the 1990's, when the wt was......an NGO affiliated to the UN.

The term "kettle calling teapot black" springs to mind.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

LeftBehind....

Since you are at the library posting, may I suggest something? The JW's teach that Christ came back invisibly in 1914 correct? The math that they use is based on the fall of Jerusalem. The JW's teach that it is 607 BCE. Please go pull any encyclopedia off the shelf and look into this 607 date. ( I have looked in 18 different sources ). Guess what? Jerusalem didn't fall in 607 BCE.

What does this mean!?! If 607 BCE is wrong....then 1914 is wrong....and the whole purpose for being a JW is wrong. DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS......LOOK IT UP YOURSELF! I was shocked.

So stick around JWD....challenge your assumptions. As Jesus told us....hold everything to the light and measure what we know. Jesus was a pretty smart guy. Welcome to JWD, I hope you stick around a bit. We do have other acitve JW's here.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LeftBehind, please think about something you said:
    >> As long as the links are not apostate I will look at them.
    How would you define "apostate"? You'd probably give this label to any information that contradicts the Watchtower, right? But if that's the case, you're basically saying, "I won't look at any information that contradicts my worldview." You have created an insulated world that is protected from anything that might challenge it, by simplying dismissing everything else as "apostate." This is not an effective means of understanding reality.
    Rather than seeing information as a challenge to your belief system, why not let your belief system be shaped by the facts?
    Best wishes on your journey.
    SNG

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    How would you define "apostate"?

If Leftbehind cares to go and look this up in any dictionary, he will find that the word is not pronounced with an audible hissing sound and made with a curled lip in disgust. It actually means someonewho has left a former belief system---be it religious or political.

How many times does a JW go ot in service just TO recruit someone away from their religious beliefs, to join the WTS?? Are these "new oes" thus considered "apostates" according to the WTS teachings?

We see the convoluted beliefs of the WTS in action .......yet once again.

Annie

• fairchild
    fairchild

LB, being a JW or not being a JW should be a personal choice which does not affect the whole family. If a family is ripped apart because someone decides to stop being a JW, then there is something horribly wrong with the picture. How does the word "control" sound?

I feel for you, I really do.

• wednesday
    wednesday

LeftBehind,

You said that you had a tight knit family, and you were all happy until your brother "went apostate". A happy family is one that allows for individual variances. A good family allows each person to develop into what they want to be. your brother most likely would not be leaving you if he was not being forced out. So, if you are left behind, it is because you have forced him out. Most likely he would still love to be with you and be a part of your happy family if you allowed him the human right to believe what he wants. Just as you claim that right for yourself. I know you think the Watchtower Society has the straight line to God, but most of us left because we don't agree with that any longer.That does not mean I hate God, We just don't agree that the WTS is the only way to serve God.I love God. I pray every day. I feel much closer to God now than I ever did in the years I was trying to follow a bunch of man made rules. As far as the ",I will not listen to any apostate stuff or look at any apostate links", do not worry your self. Most of us here know that until a person faces their own crisis, they are not ready to examine their own religion. You remember that sermon at the door, examine your religion, put it to the test, what are you afraid of?

Weds

• katydid
    katydid

*** w50 11/1 p. 428 Dominican Republic Persecutes Christians ***

It was into such a republic that the Watch Tower Society sent its first missionaries in April of 1945. Early in June of that year two additional missionaries were sent, and on the 26th of that month the Dominican Republic signed the Charter of the United Nations. . . By the end of 1946 there were 18 missionaries in the country in addition to 5 local publishers, and as they continued to preach many more people heard. . .

U.

N. VOWS BROKEN

Through it all Jehovah’s witnesses have continued their peaceful work of visiting the people with the comforting message of hope from the Bible. After all, the Dominican Republic is a charter member of the United Nations and hence these distressing conditions should be corrected. Under its "Purposes and Principles", set forth in Chapter I, Article 1, this Charter declares that its signatory powers, and the Dominican Republic is one of them, are determined to achieve international co-operation "in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion".

Do you consider this Watchtower article apostate material? Through the years JWs were an NGO and signed the UN Charter did they promote and enourage freedom for its adherents to respect religious choice?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Leftbehind. Coming rather late to this thread, may I add my welcome to you here as a new poster. All are welcome, honestly !

I do understand the hurt that this has caused your family. I sympathise with my wife who now has an unbelieving mate , I dare say I am not the first to suggest that you consider the question, "Who really caused the rift in your family?" I doubt if your brother cut you all off. It is more likely that the Watchtower Society imposed its rules and you are now obliged to obey those rules

I do not know whether he denies a faith in God, but whether he does or not is immaterial if he denies the WTS . Consider, If one had possession of a book that encouraged belief in evolution, would that be "apostate" unless one stated belief in it? I do not think so. But if one had a book that criticised the WTS , now that would be "apostate" , would it not?

My point is this. A publication denying God is ok for research - but a publication denying the WTS is wickedness. So who is made the higher?

Any Organisation that places itself on a pedestal that is even more above reproach than God himself ... Man , that really is Apostasy!

Please keep lines of communication open with your brother ..and feel free to post here again . We are quite nice people when you get to know us..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit