JW Assembly Hall in Queens, NYC sans Egyptian motif

by Kaput 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaput
    Kaput
    We can rest knowing that the egyptian symbol which is of the tetragrammatron god of the JWs, was an obvious embarassment to the organization when researchers found out about it. REMOVE IT! Makes us look bad! We can worship BAAL in other ways more secretive.

Ianone --

While this is a possibility, I wanted to show that the motif/decor do not STILL exist on this building as some claim. In speaking with a brother at the hall, I was told that the outside embellishments were removed and the interior was remodeled a number of years ago. He said that just prior to them buying it, it had been used as a synogogue.

I think that the Witnesses may not have felt an immediate need to remove the Egypticity from the building because of the tie-in to Russell's use of the symbolism. Of course, times change. Old light...new light.

• VM44
    VM44

The Winged Sun Disc has been replaced by The Watchtower symbol, the true idol of the Jehovah's Witnesses!

--VM44

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I know for a fact that the internal Egyptian idols were there for a couple of years. I've been going there for quite a few years

• Honesty
    Honesty

The WTBTS can remove all the visible images from their properties but the invisible images of their idolatry still remain.

• Ianone
    Ianone

Kaput said" " He said that just prior to them buying it, it had been used as a synogogue."
    oh boy.....was that synagogue purchased from the same Rabbi that Franz took directive from? Perhaps B'nai B'rith donated it to the Watchtower?

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Wow, that picture brought back memories, I had some great times there, I remember the Egyptian thing lasting for many years. I also used to wonder why they had left all that Egyptian stuff there, when I was pretty young and bored at the assemblies I used to know the exact number of leaf looking thingies all around the stage. It had this huge chandelier, sometimes my mind would drift during the talks and I would wonder what it would be like if that thing fell, yes I was really bored. In my teenage years, me and my freinds checked alot of cute brothers there, then the memories with the boyfreinds, memories light the corners of my mind, misty water colored memories of the way we werrrrrrrrrrrrre, ok, I snapped back to the present now.

IC

• Ianone
    Ianone

You attended the Queens Kingdom Hall...aka. the Egyptian shrine unto Ashtoreth.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Hey wasn't Ashtoret the same as Asherah Yaweh's consort? and to think.........

IC

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Likely, they simply could not take it down before this due to some city regulation of historical buildings. Perhaps some land-use moratorium ended, or something like that. As far as the Sun-god Egypt conspiracy goes, I couldn't care less. Anyone with any actual experience in the organization knows this is a completely redundant issue that just detracts from the real reasons we have for leaving the org.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit