JW Assembly Hall in Queens, NYC sans Egyptian motif

by Kaput 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaput
  • Kaput
    Kaput

This should put the Sun disc, Egyptian motif Kingdom Hall controversy to rest. The interior was refurbished and the exterior "occult" decor was removed quite a few years ago. This is a recent photo. Formerly the Bliss Theater, the building was purchased by the Witnesses and turned into an Assembly Hall.

• pc
    pc

WOW!

Haven't seen that place for along time. That's where I went growing up on LI. Is it still called Bliss Theatre? Had some fun times running around that place. Remember when I was old enough 12 or so and my parents would let me sit upstairs with my older brothers(pioneers)....Kinda feel melonchaly when I think about it...pc

• TopHat
    TopHat

That was the first Assembly Hall I attended the day I was baptized. I wondered why they kept the motif with huge Egytian statutes. Thanks for the Photo.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I remember that assembly hall as well.

I loved going to White Castle during intermission.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am surprised that after 100 years almost they decided to take it down, did the accusations of them having masonic roots motivate this move?

• Ianone
    Ianone

Does this put the Masonic/Mystery Babylon/Egyptian Sun Disc connection to the Watchtower to rest? Yes it does. We can rest knowing that the egyptian symbol which is of the tetragrammatron god of the JWs, was an obvious embarassment to the organization when researchers found out about it. REMOVE IT! Makes us look bad! We can worship BAAL in other ways more secretive.

• Ianone
    Ianone

Oh and by the way. THis picture could be doctored for all we know, but even if it isn't it shows how embarrased the Watchtower was. THe 4 egpytian mystics are still up, wonder why they didn't take them down?

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Does this put the Masonic/Mystery Babylon/Egyptian Sun Disc connection to the Watchtower to rest? Yes it does. We can rest knowing that the egyptian symbol which is of the tetragrammatron god of the JWs, was an obvious embarassment to the organization when researchers found out about it. REMOVE IT! Makes us look bad! We can worship BAAL in other ways more secretive.

I tell you the truth: JWs had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Symbols. Those symbols were there when they bought the place 37 years ago.

• IP_SEC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit